Open today: 09:30 - 18:30
Review Highlights
Brilliant

Never been here before and came with my granddaughter, very clean and staff very helpful and... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
ianhZ9362TJ
Friendly staff, lovely sunday roast

We went on the sunday swim, eat and play for £8.95 had a morning swim, sunday roast, plated... read more

Reviewed 14 November 2018
david-h-831designs
Bucharest, Romania

Top Selling Tours & Activities in and around Newquay
from US$47.36
from US$47.36
from US$87.96
More Info
All reviews soft play play area rainy day bubble machine english weather little girl play equipment few hours brilliant place whilst on holiday lovely food half term free entry value for money great fun cafe supervision
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Have visited several times with my grandchildren. A very clean, new, and huge indoor play area for young children with an area in the centre for the adults to sit and enjoy a large selection of very good food and drinks, all reasonably priced. Will be back lots of times I'm sure!

Date of experience: June 2014
2  Thank roxycornwall
Reviewed 13 June 2014

It's only been open for 6 months or so but my kids enjoy it. Pretty good size play zone plus a smaller one for the under three's ( I can't keep my 2 yr old off the big one though). 4-5 quid to get in, adults free (which is nice). Decent coffee, large menu, big selection. Busy on weekends but you are expected to stay two hours max. Seating is a little uncomfortable as they have metal style outdoor furniture, only half with cushions. I think they'll replace this once they get more established though. They also do kids parties but we've yet to sample one. Location is poor for holidaymakers which could be a godsend in the summer.

Date of experience: May 2014
3  Thank Fat_Willys
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I usually deeply hate soft play centres and will only use them when it's that or commit filicide (once or twice a month then). This one pleasantly raised my expectations.

The play equipment is interestingly laid out (not just a box), varied, clean, bright and fun for the kids. My kids loved the rotating pole they could stand on and be spun until they fell off laughing, and the pen full of adult-size gym-balls, like you do workouts with. They leapt on the gym-balls, bouncing wildly, then dramatically and deliberately "fell" down between to be "rescued". There were also large slides (one wavy, one tubular), different levels with hiding places and a good selection of rollers and hanging things to swing on. We found that by the time the kids were tired (about 90 minutes) they still hadn't got bored. It's not the largest soft play I have ever seen, but it has been unusually well thought-out, and so the play equipment managed to sustain my children's minds for as long as their legs, I was impressed! Absolutely none of the play equipment I saw was broken, stained, looked dirty beyond today's use, had duct tape over a rip, or was missing a cable tie. If you've been to a soft play before, you know how rare this is! The design didn't appear to leave any opportunities for a high fall or other bone-breaking impacts (you would be AMAZED what other soft-play companies have built... or maybe you wouldn't if you've seen a few).

There is a little-ones bi, for 0-5 year olds, and a bigger bit for 5+. My 2 & 3 year old are outgoing and hardy for their age, and found really they were far better suited to the big bit. I observed that children were being nicely encouraged to change location only if they were affecting the play of others. All the staff we saw were friendly and sensible and that seemed to set the tone for the parents and kids too. The staff were young, but did not come across at all like the shuffling Saturday kids I've seen in other places. They could hold/start a conversation too, which considering you might be there 3 hours, alone and bored witless was also one of those "why doesn't everywhere else do that" moments.

The cafe on site has a remarkably wide selection of the typical food you might hope for including panini's, sandwiches, pizza, nacho's, jacket potatoes, things-and-chips, etc. The prices seemed quite fair, we paid £2.50 for a coffee & cake deal with a large piece of chocolate cake (the most expensive large latte is £2 with no cake). The kids had one ham and one cheese sandwich (other options are Marmite, or jam) for £1.50 each, an apple for 30p each and several small cartons of fruit juice (orange, apple or pineapple) at 50p each, which seemed very fair. All the food we ate was quite ordinary, but not in a bad way, just very typical supermarket food which most kids will be used to. Hot kids meals (which we didn't have) were £3.75, which also seemed very reasonable.

For the most part I could see my children in the play equipment from my chair without moving, which you'll know if you have been to any other soft-play before, is something of a revelation. The chairs were metal tub chairs like you get outside many cafes. They were alright, but not brilliant. I wouldn't have minded a cushion on mine- those seem to be in short supply. Happily a big rack of varied, in-date (yes! in date!) magazine's was available for bored parents. A shelf of second-hand books for a kids charity was another nice touch.

Admission costs £3.50-£5.50 per child. You don't pay for babies under 12 months and you don't pay for adults... and that made me think as well, why does any play centre charge for adults??? Admission is cheaper if you can prove you live in a TR or PL postcode, which covers almost all of Cornwall (sorry Bude) and some of Devon (Plymouth mainly). The soft play we used to go to (and never will again) makes me bring this every time, even though my partner has a business association with the company and they know exactly who we are... Jungle Jack's had me fill out a form, job done, kids on file, no remembering ID required.

Speaking of remembering, socks are required, but don't worry too much because they'll lend your child some if you arrive without any. So simple. Again, why doesn't everywhere do it?

There is not one single slot machine, penny falls machine or nasty-polyester-toy-grabber. There are a couple of sweet & crisp vending machines, but at least they are the stand up pole ones, like you get in pubs, not the "Mummy, Mummy, Mummy, I NEED Sweets" patio-doors sized ones you get at swimming pools. That took masses of stress out of the soft-play experience right there.

This review wouldn't be fair without the negatives... The toilets. They're new, they're clean, they're functional, they're fine (they have smaller toddler seats built into the seat/lid... why doesn't everywhere do that either?)... but... they do seem like a major afterthought. Could management install another hand dryer at a height the kids can reach please and put a doorstop behind the door in the ladies so kids entering don't knock over kids already inside. I'd give the loo's 5/10 because everything does work fine, but they're not in any way inspired and could be better designed for the business type.

The site is flat, no problem getting Mum/Dad/Gran's wheelchair in, although be aware a child with limited mobility wont get the most from the play as it wouldn't be easy for an adult carer to pass through the play equipment. Fitting Daddy down the slide to satisfy our 2 year old was interesting! There are accessible toilets and no major obstacles to reaching the cafe or tables. Parking is right outside too.

I would guess that some poor parent who is only too familiar with soft-play-hell sat down and thought how can I build one that isn't sheer misery. Against all probability they've only gone and done it. I'm in awe of their genius. I would struggle to think of anywhere in Restormel (mid Cornwall inc, Newquay & St Austell) that does what they do as well as Jungle Jack's do.

I expect we shall become regulars.

Date of experience: May 2014