“Great food and selection of cider.”
Review of The Stable

The Stable
Ranked #16 of 249 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$10 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our most scenic Stable to date has breathtaking, panoramic views over one of Britain's most famous beaches, Fistral Beach. Watch the surf from our balcony or nestle beside the log fire inside and catch the dramatic winter storms. A truly stunning location with an abundance of fine local produce and a plentiful supply of cider. Breakfast - 10am - 11.00am Food - 12 - 10pm Closing Times: 11pm Sunday - Thursday. 11.30pm Friday - Saturday.
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The restaurant is in a fab location over looking Fistral Beach. We went at sunset and it was absolutely stunning. The place was really busy when we went although there was plenty of room outside but it was a little too cold to eat out there. I think all the tables inside are for 6-8 people so we were on a table with another couple but it was fine as we had plenty of room. It is a very noisy place but you soon get used to it.

You order at the bar once you've decided what you want. We both opted for pizza which was delicious. All made from scratch. They're quite big but fine for a hungry one. I ordered a side salad and it was massive! I don't think the main salads are worth the money, they were the same size as a side salad but with just the meat and cheese added in. I might be wrong but that's how it looked. Who goes to a pie and pizza place for salad though?! They did a couple of puddings but we didn't bother.

The selection of ciders is great if you're a cider drinker, which we both are. I think there were over 40 to choose from. I had a blackberry cider (Fanny's Bramble I think it was called!). Very nice it was too.

It's a great spot but not a place for a quiet meal. Great place though.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,165)

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We visited The Stable, overlooking Fistral beach in August 2014. They have tables to suit all party sizes, there were 14 of us. The restaurant provides high chairs for children and has changing facilities. The food was absolutely scrumptious. It was clean plates all round. We had the Tuesday pizza deal of a pizza with side salad and cider for £10. I had the smoked salmon and mackerel pizza and have to say it was one of the best pizzas I've ever eaten. My husband was very happy with his choice too. The kids(we have four), shared three children's pizzas between them. At only £5 each that represented great value for the standard of eatery. As a family we have rarely eaten so well for such a price in Cornwall. The staff were well mannered and helpful. They seemed to know their cyders very well and advised us on the type of drink we were after. With the beautiful Fistral beach view accessible by a balcony with seating area,we think this is a great choice for families, groups and couples.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stumbled upon The Stable when walking along Fistral beach one evening. I had eaten at the one in Bristol so suggested we popped in. There were no tables available inside so we sat outside on the terrace with a great sea-sunset view.

We ordered 2 pizzas to share as we weren't necessarily looking for a full meal. They were very tasty and served relatively swiftly given how busy the restaurant was.

If you like pizza and cider, this place is definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

My family and I decided the wait for Stables Falmouth was too long and we needed to try it now. Off we popped to Newquay. The staff were ok, the barman with the long beard whom took our order was spot on, attentive and very friendly. The venue is pretty ace with a great view. The pizzas were ok just a little underwhelming for me - I had asked for a medium hot pizza with chillies and received a rather mild tasting chicken pizza covered in dried chilli flakes - garlic bread was really thin, you would need about six to even notice you had eaten anything. Desserts were again ok but certainly not epic. I didn't try the pies because they looked a bit small. I will definitely be back and will certainly try the one in Falmouth.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Great food, great drinks & great views. What a lovely place to have lunch, staff were brilliant & we really enjoyed eating here. Will defiantly visit again when in Newquay.