“Totally relaxing week” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Waves Apartments

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Newquay
Waves Apartments
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Totally relaxing week”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

Amazing stay at no 20.Fantastic weather as well! We preferred overlooking the garden rather than the car park and traffic at the front. We opened the French window in the evening to enjoy drinks-very peaceful and no traffic in sight! Apartment very clean, fresh & well equipped with every facility to make a perfect holiday.
We has not been to Watergate Bay since our children were small and it was as beautiful as ever, now with the added advantage of excellent eateries on the doorstep. We will most definitely return and hopefully to no.20.

Room Tip: Stay overlooking the gardens for tranquillity.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Had an absolutely incredible week in Waves. We stayed in the Penthouse, Number 19 which had incredible views of the Bay.

Would definitely recommend it. Huge living area upstairs and great modern facilities. Sky was a bonus as stayed up to date with the tennis, football and cricket. Balcony is amazing too and we were blessed with some good weather which really topped the trip.

Downstairs, 2 bathrooms with nice bathroom facilities. The mattress was very comfortable and towels etc. supplied was all great quality.

The beach itself is incredible, and considering Watergate is just one Bay, the dining choices are fantastic with Jamie Oliver's, Beach Hut and WGB Hotel on the doorstep.

I guess the only set-back is the need to book early at most of the restaurants as it's such a popular spot these days and demand is huge- we got turned away 2 nights from the beach hut.

For curry fans, the Maharajah I. newquay is too drawer and only a £7 taxi so good option.

Overall a great holiday destination and we will certainly be back.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank AnnieMac89
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

What a load of old nonsense. If you can't see that rock you shouldn't be on the road. What if that had been a child or dog. These people should go to Specsavers and get a life, The apartments are absolutely fabulous and so well run. The facilities are great and so clean. Watergate bay is a dream with it's beautiful beach and fantastic cliffs. Great walks and fun times.
We've been coming for years and always find so much to do. A visit to St Mawgan and the bonsai nursery and Japanese gardens. Don't forget to have a cream tea behind the post office.
Just 20 minutes away is Bedruthan Steps with the fantastic rock pools and caves.
We also pop across to Fowey for a day just 45 minutes in the car.
And for a change we take the bus to Padstow. The bus stops right outside Waves Apartments.
We are going back next month. Can't wait.

Room Tip: All rooms are great but sea views best.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank Keith C
Newport
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 January 2014

A very strong 4/5 score here - literally the only downside is that you don't have a sea view which is why it is not a 5. The price was also good for Newquay in the new year.

The apartment is stylishly decorated with all the mod cons you could ever want (dishwasher, washing machine, two TV's, DVD player and some classic DVD's, under-floor heating, a modern bathroom and more!).

Its in a great location for Newquay with its bustling nightlife and interesting shops, and Padstow for that more traditional Cornish feel and the are the bars and restaurants in Watergate bay (Fifteen, Watergate hotel etc..).

You are a two minute walk from the beach and coastal walks in every direction.

I would thoroughly recommend this apartment to friends.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Doncaster, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

We had two weeks in waves apartments as watergate bay. On arrival in the car park we scraped all of our car down the side of a large boulder which is very poorly visible from the drivers seat on entry to the car park. This happened to 6 other people while we were there.

The owners of the appartment complex were really rude and unhelpful and said it was bad driving that caused it. It caused 1300 pounds of damage to our car. I took lots of photo evidence of the damage and poor visibility of the boulder and the owners refused to take any responsibility. They insisted the boulder was there to stop people parking even though there is a key coded entry to the car park which should stop that. They won't do any thing about it despite it is clearly a persistent problem to holiday makers that pay a lot of money to stop in the appartments.

If you like your car and want a hassle free holiday DO NOT stop on these apartments.

• Stayed September 2013
2 Thank Loushaw83
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013

I've spent the last two New Year's Eve,s and some summer holidays at the waves apartments,lovely place to stay with jamie Oliver's on your door step not to forget the beach hut with its amazing views and extreme hot chocolates not to be missed.
I've stayed in a few apartments all lovely wether at front or back although I would not book the middle floor at the back no real views or balcony/decking,my only advice if booking for new year is to leave it late there are deals to be had like dogs go free ect..... Wish I'd waited and saved £50
Did ask blue chip if they would apply this deal to my booking but it's only for late bookers!!! What a shame :0o

Room Tip: Pent houses have the best sea views the lower front look over the car park,the first floor back apar...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sharonpilliner69
Oxford, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2013

As we pulled into the car park for the first time, my car clipped a rock that was by the entrance and I blew a tyre - £190 and a trip to the garage was the start of my holiday. Initially I thought maybe it was just my driving but as I pulled up someone leaning on his balcony made the comment - 'welcome to the club!' He explained that the rock had ruined many a holiday and that despite many comlaints nothing had been done. Apparantly there used to be a post there that was always being knocked and their solution was to put a rock there instead.

Not one to take comments like this at face value, I thought I'd keep an eye on it during the week to see if it was a real problem. On a further 3 occasions I spotted families that had damaged their car as a result of this rock. I have posted photos of the rock protruding out into the road and of cars that were damaged over the 6 days I stayed there. The splinters of car all around the rock are a bit of a give away. The yellow bits were from a mini and the other 2 cars I managed to get photos of. This was all over the very short time that I was there so you can make your own guesses about how many vehs a year get damaged. Don't get me wrong, once you know it is there you can take a wider angle and miss it easily but for the necomers and those unaware, it is an accident waiting to happen.

As you may have guessed, I was not happy but I really felt for the other young famlies that were facing a much bigger bill than my £190. Something has to be done. So, if like myself, you occasionally feel helpless when it comes taking on organisations like the Wave Maintainers I can only ask that you give this place a miss unitl something is posted to confirm that this obstacle has been removed. It has already ruined many holidays but if you reall must go - watch out for the rock!!

Room Tip: choose a room facing the front - the rear is dull with no views
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
4 Thank robert g
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newquay
Kenton Hotel
#4 of 7 in Mawgan Porth
Porth Cove
Porth Cove
#30 of 112 in Newquay

Been to Waves Apartments? Share your experiences!