“Fantastic food”

The Boathouse
Ranked #26 of 239 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$14 - US$69
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic, Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
“Fantastic food”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Great food cooked to perfection but the service was very hit and miss.would go back again on the quality of the fantastic foid

• Visited August 2013

Newquay, Cornwall Uk
“Refreshing”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

stopped of for lunch, greeted by some lovely staff, enjoyed a fab meal, the place was almost full and a great atmosphere.

• Visited August 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointed lunch”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I was impressed when I saw the lobster tank and realised how fresh the food would be as well as the great location. The claw meat was great but the body flesh was tough, probably overlooked. Also, it would have been better if the little creature had been deveined and not left for the customer to do rather than have it's innards spread over a large portion of the tail meat. I did mention to the waitress that the tail meat had been tough and was told that is because they have to kill the animal first. Somehow I doubt that. I agree withe SteveC28, the salads were a bit tired.

• Visited October 2013
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

The place looked derelict when we arrived for our 7pm reservation but we went down the dark steps to a cosy and well lit restaurant. My lobster & crab pasta was perfect however my companion had been looking forward to having dressed crab but it was off the menu. He had spider crab instead which was a total disaster, impossible to crack and get into (this also was the case for diners at table next to us) very off putting and although it was taken off the bill and he was offered to order something else (which we declined) sadly it spoilt the whole experience.
When we left, I was very surprised to see that there was still no lighting on the outside steps - this could be quite dangerous

• Visited October 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Not what I was expecting, but great food.”
Reviewed 10 October 2013 via mobile

This was our penultimate evening meal of our fantastic 9 nights in Cornwall.
We had eaten at our hotel whilst in Morgan Porth's Scarlet.
We had a need to experience a lobster fix.

When we arrived at the harbour I must admit we nearly didn't go in. I don't know why but I didn't get the run down look.

However venture inside and you won't be disappointed. The service was helpful and friendly and the food and drink outstanding.

I had to try a starter and plumped for a small mussels portion and we both order lobster. When my 'small' bowl turned up I wondered just how big the main course version could be. They were wonderful.

After I made my way through the moules, we eagerly awaited our lobsters..... They were massive,
Armed with all the armoury of tools we got stuck in.

I has to take a picture of one of the claws... It was massive.

As we only ordered a portion of fries as a side dish to share we hadn't asked for any more, however the lobsters were served with a very sad looking salad and coleslaw. But that didn't take away any impact of the beautiful crustacean. I'm just being picky...

So all in all, this is a place to be tried. Perhaps more than once... But go hungry as you certainly won't come away without your belt slackened off a notch or two.

• Visited September 2013