“Mainly seafood, but very well prepared”
Review of The Boathouse

The Boathouse
Ranked #49 of 265 Restaurants in Newquay
Price range: US$14 - US$70
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 30 September 2010

Lovely meal. Quiet evening. The menu is a bit limited unless you like seafood, but if you do there are many options. I had the moules as a starter which were very well prepared. We both had dressed crab as a main. Very good service when available but they did seem stretched. Good value all round.

Reviewed 23 September 2010

My wife and I had the honour of hosting our wedding breakfast and reception here on the 11th September and I must say that we could not have found a more perfect venue both in terms of service, food and location.

The meal was 80 people seated and there was not a single person who did not give glowing reviews. Personally I had the Seared Scallops, Turbot and Creme Brulee, some of the most wonderful food I have ever tasted.

The staff were superb and could not be faulted at all and the presentation and professionalism was second to none.

Will be going here for the rest of my life and would hand on heart say that if you are in Newquay you simply must go down and have some food here.

2  Thank xxsunshinegodxx
Reviewed 21 September 2010

My husband and I had dinner here at the weekend. The food was superb . We both had crab three ways (I was slightly disappointed with the bisque - more tomato than crab) but overall it was good, this was followed by a shared plate of fruit de mer which is more than enough for two - there was crab claws, lobster, catch of the day and mussels all in a delicious white wine sauce - delish!! There is a quirky atmosphere to the restaurant and I thoroughly enjoyed myself.

Reviewed 8 September 2010

Great fresh fish, great service, professional, helpful . To eat here was a refreshing surprise. After walking around Newquay seeing KFC and many other low end budget pub food, we were grateful to have found this place. Proper fresh food, (which is rare in the town centre of Newquay). would go back ....

Reviewed 3 September 2010

We were just strolling along the beach and looked the nearest restaurant, found this hut type on the outside but a cozy place inside. The service was good, with very friendly staff. Food presentation was very nice......very well presented that we just kept taking photos of them at first.... My daughter was so impressed that we have to come back to dine again the following day to celebrate her 14th birthday!