“We would stay again”

Aquarius Guest House
Ranked #38 of 107 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went here for the weekend. We were welcomed as soon as we got to the door by the owner Sarah. She was lovely and made us feel very welcome. The room was nice and we had a great weekend. Shame the weather was awful.

• Stayed: January 2014
There are newer reviews for Aquarius Guest House

Reviewed 29 December 2013

What a lovely little guest house to stay at in Newquay it was for myself and Ozzy my dog.
On arrival Sarah put us in a large room with access to the rear garden so that Ozzy could go for to the loo easily . It was nice that she thought of the dog too as a guest in here Guesthouse .
The room was large clean and full of all the amenities you would expect , also the free wifi was a god send for me to be able to carry on working in the evenings.
Breakfast was a full English with plenty on Orange Juice provided , and Christmas Morning arrived to find a Christmas card for me and Ozzy
Can not fault this place at all ... for cleanliness , friendliness and a home from home its a 10 out of 10 from me and Oz

Will definatly see you again Sarah and will also order some jams and preserves !

Many thanks...Kev

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 December 2013

Tastefully furnished ,very clean guest house on the edge of town.Sarah the owner is a gem and makes you feel right at home.Room 5 which we stayed in was extremely nice and the bed very comfortable.There is a table and chairs and a usefull size fridge so very well equipped!The only very slight downside is that the superb double size jacuzzi bath is not in the room but in a seperate room which is a shame as i would have rated the room 10 out of 10 if it had been .But Sarah is having the rooms knocked into one for 2014 so thats the room to be in for a great stay.!But one thing that gets a 10 are her cooked breakfasts and homemade jams ! excellent! Also her pet dog and 2 friendly cats get a 10 to!

Room Tip: ROOM 5 the best but all the rooms are nice from what i saw
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 December 2013

very warm welcome, friendly and helpful, family room was lovely (room 6), tastefully decorated, included a fridge, dressing gowns and slippers a cosy chair and dining table and chairs, a lovely stay, just for the night, but would definitely return

Room Tip: room 6 was very nice
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I stayed for two nights after making a late booking. I wasn't sure what to expect but I was pleasantly surprised. My room was large, clean, breakfast was great and the welcome was warm. The location is brilliant, you can walk into the main part of town and the cliffs are truly wonderful.
Overall a great stay. Thank you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 22 September 2013

What can I say - I was greeted by Sarah who is absolutely wonderful and gave me such a warm welcome. I absolutely loved staying here and Sarah made my stay in Cornwall all the better. I had a large room which was very comfortable and if you like a full English then you won't be disappointed - lovely. I also loved Pip and Kitty (the dog and the cat) - another who's name I forget - what lovely friendly pets she has. I was sad to leave and will look forward to returning. Thanks very much Sarah, Mike. x

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Had a lovely, welcoming stay with Sarah at the Aquarious B & B. We were a family of four staying in the B & B and our eldest daughter was staying in her new digs as she was about to start at Newquay Uni. Sarah made us feel welcome from the start, the room was big enough for us to stay in as a family, with a kettle and drinks provided, which was well needed after our 6 hour drive to Newquay, Sarah very kindly provided us with some childrens bubble bath for our four year old so she could use the spa bath which our little girl loved. The breakfast was home cooked by Sarah and was scrummy with plenty of choice and the time choice was up to the guest between 7.30am until 9.30am, which was great because it ment not to early to rise if we didn't want to. Also very close to the town and 5 mins walk from our eldest's digs which ment we could spend plenty of time with her. They have a dog and a couple of cats residing at the B & B but they were no bother and our children loved to visit them for a fuss. We really enjoyed our stay and as our daughter will be in Newquay for a couple of years we will be visiting Sarah and her B & B again. On the last day I was very tearful about leaving and Sarah was very kind and understanding to how I felt.

Room Tip: If you like to have a spa bath choose room five it also has a shower.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family