“Homely!”

Ranked #32 of 105 Newquay B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Homely!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stayed at BnB For 2 nights, Sarah was welcoming when we arrived late, first impressions of our room were reserved, however it was clean, good shower, spacious and comfortable. Sarah cooks a great breakfast and her homemade jam is wonderful! Location is brilliant, close to fabulous beaches and newquay town centre with bars and clubs is 10 minute walk. Overall this is a lovely place.

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

So I thought I'd take my girlfriend for a weekend away to celebrate her birthday and with the forecast good, Newquay came up trumps. Found this B&B on late rooms with good reviews and for £50 a night. We arrived on Friday afternoon and was greeted by Sarah, the owner. She was very polite and welcoming. She housed us in the annex eventhough I booked the room at the top of the B&B but that was fine. However this is where the nightmare began. After dropping our cases off and immediately exploring Newquay town we came back to the annex in the evening, to discover a white smear situated on the purple bed throw, a fecal pebble dash in the toilet and various lengths of hair on the bed sheet. This B&B allows dogs to stay but that is no excuse for the hair in the bed. I can only imagine what that smear was but would think the previous couple had a 'good time'! And the pebble dash in the toilet - well that was the cherry on top. I complained to Sarah and showed her the issues, she gave some excuses but obviously weren't acceptable. She asked us if we wanted to move rooms or leave - not surprising we left instantly! For some people the hygiene would have been acceptable, but not for us. And for £50 a night, no chance. My advice AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE. The Travelodge in the town centre with a stunning sea view is cheaper and clean! All I am doing writing this review is being 100% honest.

• Stayed March 2014
6 Thank Hardcorehead88
Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

Warm welcome from Sarah. The room was nice and tidy with plenty off space. Free wifi. Easy walking distance to town centre. Weather was horrendous but I slept amazingly well and had a lovely breakfast. Could find nothing to complain about in this friendly place. Thanks Sarah.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Sarah made us feel so welcome. Cleanliness second to none. Breakfast options real value for money. Come and go as you please. Value for money, no complaints from us. Little touches such as dressing gowns n slippers, fridge in room, hair dryer in room. Lovely en suite with bath (shower would be nice but not essential) would put some 5 star hotels to shame. My only criticism. ...maybe a better blind at the attic window? Thanx for a lovely stay

• Stayed February 2014
Truro, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I originally booked in for one night and was greeted on arrival by Sarah (a lovely lady who instantly made me feel at home). I was shown to an excellent room with large en-suite bathroom. The room was clean, bright, well furnished and very private. The next morning, after a splendid real Cornish breakfast including home made jams and marmalade, I booked up for three more nights and then a full week and then extended my stay still further. The rate was very competitive, and the friendly atmosphere made my stay really enjoyable. I would recommend Aquarius to anyone. I have stayed in many hotels and guest houses. They are very rarely this good - a real gem.

John

Room Tip: There are a number of good rooms. Mine was Number 2 (upstairs).
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We went here for the weekend. We were welcomed as soon as we got to the door by the owner Sarah. She was lovely and made us feel very welcome. The room was nice and we had a great weekend. Shame the weather was awful.

• Stayed January 2014
Coventry
Reviewed 29 December 2013

What a lovely little guest house to stay at in Newquay it was for myself and Ozzy my dog.
On arrival Sarah put us in a large room with access to the rear garden so that Ozzy could go for to the loo easily . It was nice that she thought of the dog too as a guest in here Guesthouse .
The room was large clean and full of all the amenities you would expect , also the free wifi was a god send for me to be able to carry on working in the evenings.
Breakfast was a full English with plenty on Orange Juice provided , and Christmas Morning arrived to find a Christmas card for me and Ozzy
Can not fault this place at all ... for cleanliness , friendliness and a home from home its a 10 out of 10 from me and Oz

Will definatly see you again Sarah and will also order some jams and preserves !

Many thanks...Kev