“What an enjoyable stay”

Aquarius Guest House
Ranked #39 of 106 Newquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 May 2014

From the moment I arrived to when I left nothing was too much trouble for Sarah. I dont know how she does it for the money! The guest house is a warm friendly place, nice and clean and my room was very spacious, even with a sofa to relax on.The room had everything you could want, ensuite, tea, coffee, wifi and even a hairdryer.
Breakfast was freshly cooked to perfection with generous portions of everything you would expect in an English breakfast, with pleanty of tea and fresh fruit juice.
My stay was very enjoyable I look forward to returning on my next visit. Thanks Sara for a suberb stay

Room Tip: I am sure they are all of the same quality!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Had a wonderful stay at the Aquarius B&B fabulous stay Sarah was so helpful kind cheerful & her breakfast were 2nd to none will be looking forward to staying there again very soon would highly recommend a stay here !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Any room in this accommodation is good for all.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I booked up with Laterooms.com to stay at this Guest House and was impressed by the price and after reading the positive feedback on Tripadvisor was looking forward to two nights stay at this 'Hotel'. At the last minute my daughter accompanied me on holiday. Once I had completed my booking I discovered that the B&B accepted dogs at an extra price of £5 per night, this 'fact' was not highlighted in the description and proved to be a problem as my daughter and I are both asmthatic. I arrived to find a YMCA style accommodation with brown wooden doors and numbers on each bedroom door, I noticed that the decor, inside and outside of the B&B was not the same as the photos and also unmatched the description in the blurb. There was a dog and a cat sitting outside of the dining area much to my horror and even though I was not expecting a 5 star Hotel this was not adequate. The landlady was polite and accommodating and offered myself and my daughter another room due to our asmtha problems - this was the annexe room detached from the house. The overall house was not particularly clean looking, decor outdated and photos did not resemble the hotel. It was not available for viewing and I walked outside of this room and found it unsuitable for our needs as I was uncomfortable being positioned away from the main building and it also looked like it was utilised as a garage. After careful consideration I declined to stay. I am very disappointed that I paid online upfront and lost two nights money for this B&B and was forced to stay elsewhere at an additional cost.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank jchalmers2014
862Aquarius29, Owner at Aquarius Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

You told me by e-mail that if I hadn't refunded your £58 that you would write me a very bad review on tripadvisor and as I didn't do as you asked you have indeed done as you said. As you only entered through the front door you have no idea what the rooms look like. The brown (wooden) doors with a picture and numbers on can be seen on my website; as are my dog and cat, in fact the main photo is me and my dog. All relevant info on charges for animals are on the web. You are a nasty piece of work who complained that you were not going to pay for your daughter as "she only eats a little bit and £15 was greedy" That is why you left , I did explain that you would be charged as stated in laterooms policy. Incidently you could have written a review on laterooms but seeing how you've changed your story it wasn't possible was it?

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just back from our third time in 6 months staying with sarah,so homely and freindly,rooms are very clean and tidyand allthose little bits that make you feel as though your at home, lovely proper breakfast every morning. we take our two dogs who are always made welcome ,(pip always says hello when we come in. All in all a lovely place to stay and relax,will be going back a few more times this year.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Graham T
Reviewed 18 April 2014

What a lovely little gem of a b&b. Our host Sarah was truly lovely and very accommodating. Rooms were great with everything you need and more. Breakfast was excellent and lots of choice. Great that they accommodate animals as we took our puppy with us. My son and niece loved their stay and we will most certainly go back when we come down again. Thanks Sarah!

• Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 24 March 2014

My girlfriend took me away for the weekend and we stayed in a 4 star hotel and the Aquarius B&B, i would choose Aquarius all day long. The Landlady/host Sarah was very welcoming and friendly, happy to chat to you whenever. The Room was lovely and clean with a nice shower and supplied nice little extras which you don't usually get such as dressing gown/slippers, fridge, deluxe shower and a massive selection of drink sachets.Also the added touch of the Jacuzzi bath tub was lovely. Breakfast was also great!! Would definitely come here again if we were to visit Newquay again!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Just returned home from a relaxing couple of days at this wonderful b&b.
Sarah was there to welcome us on our arrival and to show us to a lovely en-suite room that became home for a couple of days, while there nothing was too much trouble and we were given the keys to the main door so that we could come and go as we pleased. To top it all off there was a hearty cooked breakfast as well as plenty of cereal, toast, juice and coffee and a free parking space made our stay just perfect.
If heading to Newquay again Sarah will be the first person we call.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple