The Lugger Hotel
Chymorvah Hotel(Marazion)
  • Restaurant
Cove Cottage(St Buryan)
View Hotel
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewslovely bay windowtwo single bedscornish piratessea frontbed was very comfortablewarm welcomecarverycornwallseafrontsteve
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 September 2013

A comfortable and clean room in an ideal position to catch the Scillonian Ferry to the Isles of Scilly. In fact the port was within walking distance. When we arrived it was a surprise to see free parking along the seafront at Penzance. Had we known there was free parking outside we would not have paid in advance for a car park whilst we were on the Isles of Scilly. Windy weather was predicted and the staff were very helpful in finding out whether the ferry would operate the following day and in giving general advice about the ferry.

Unfortunately, we could not have breakfast in the hotel as the ferry left too early. We had an evening Sunday roast the night before, which was really good value for money and included a really nice vegetarian nut roast option. The facilites are a bit tired and there was no lounge in the hotel. However given the cost, convenience for the ferry and helpfiulness of the staff, I would consider it good value for money and recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Not much else to say really other than that - avoid! The Cost of the rooms was ridiculous considering the poor quality. We ate downstairs and that was ok but service was pretty poor. The room was freezing and would not recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank boatygirl
Reviewed 18 September 2013

I need add no more really but feel I must. The curtains were hanging off the rail, there was no hot water, the smell of dope in the hallway was overwhelming as was the music coming from the room next door. We had on checking in, paid extra for the breakfast and when the milk arrived to go with the tea there were bits of black just floating on the surface, not sure what they were and tried not to think about it too much as we were starving having had a 6 hour drive the day before and missing dinner (which I am now grateful for). Not a place I would recommend to anyone. How does it keep going, surely there must be hygiene checks from some authority?

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 570SarahB570
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Myself and my partner had booked this a few months ago as part of a mini tour of cornwall.
We arrived early and our room was ready, however we were greeted with " I see you have booked a budget room" we were taken to room no 7, a dingy room that smelt musky, that looked unclean and very outdated, The window was broken it was freezing cold, and the shower was situated in the corner of the room in a cupboard that also was unclean.
The view was awful which I can only describe as overlooking a shanty town.
The tea and coffee were a cheap brand which is ok, however when I came to make a coffee the next morning, the milk had gone all bitty, leaving white clumps, totally undrinkable.
Extremely overpriced down to the burger and chips which we were charged 10.95 for, staff shirty and unhelpful.

The worst hotel I have ever stayed in and I have stayed in a few.

Awful place.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wills123795
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Booked in advance a double room. On arrival got told it was a budget room that was a twin room. No breakfast included which was disappointing. The room was so outdated I thought I was still in the 80's. The furniture and fittings were ancient and even the tea bags were budget! It felt as if the hotel wanted to squeeze as much money as they could out of you for the minimum return of overall quality! So, the room was abysmal and crying for a BASIC make over, Even the free WiFi never worked, The food in the the bar was so overpriced, One staff member was interested more in a phone call than me waiting at the bar! Seriously this place is falling to bits and they charge so much! This is the first hotel review I have written amd and im not usually that fussy but I would rather sleep in a tip than this place very very poor, outdated and astronomically priced! 1000% Stay away!!

• Stayed: September 2013