Glencree House
Chymorvah Hotel(Marazion)
  • Restaurant
Cove Cottage(St Buryan)
View Hotel
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb blocal areafour poster bedyummy breakfastlocal producebus stopbreakfasts were greatboard gamesbed was very comfortablefriendly ownerstop floorwonderful staysea fronteasy parkingwarm welcomequiet streetbreakfast room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I had a one night stay in Penzance in May 2014. I received a friendly helpful welcome at Glencree House. Nothing was too much trouble with lots of helpful tips about the surrounding area. The breakfast was piping hot and freshly prepared, with a good selection of fresh fruit and cooked breakfast. I hope to return

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Andrewsom239
Reviewed 19 May 2014

My partner and I stayed here for two nights. Being on a limited budget meant we wanted a B&B which provided good value for money. The owners, Andrew and Lynsey, were very helpful when we made initial inquiries and the subsequent booking. upon arrived we were greeted by Lynsey who was very friendly and showed us the facilities and our room which we were very impressed with - we stayed in Room 5 which is well-proportioned and has a spacious bay window with amazing views overlooking the sea. The room was very comfortable and spotlessly clean with an en-suite bathroom with a nice hot shower. It's clear that the owners have put in a great deal of thought and consideration into the accommodation e.g. a generous selection of quality herbal teabags, coffee, hot chocolate, cookies and chocolates in addition to the nice shower gel and body lotion. The breakfast was equally well thought out and presented; whilst we're not huge eaters there was plenty on offer and we sampled the delicious blueberries and strawberries along with our cereal and toast. Overall we were very impressed and would certainly come and stay at Glencree should we be in this neck of the woods again.

Room Tip: Room 5 is well-proportioned and provides a lovely sea view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Keifer S
Reviewed 19 January 2014

My family went to Penzance for our wedding and were warmly received. The location was excellent, only a min or two from the sea front, also close to all the shops in town centre. The apartment was nicely decorated, modern but with a person touch. Owners were very friendly and helpful. I didn't stay with them for breakfast but they all seemed very content.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Four of us stayed here, in two double rooms, on a 100-mile walking trip in Cornwall. It was our favorite of the nine places we stayed, thanks to the warm welcome and attentive care of the owners (Andrew and Lynsey), the attractive and comfortable rooms, the huge and delicious breakfasts, the excellent library, and the convenient yet quiet location.

Room Tip: Rooms are all nice, but some are much larger than others, so if you care about that, ask for a big one.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed for one night in August while working in the area, I was met by Andrew the owner who showed me to the room and around the B & B, he was very helpful wit tips for local area. My room was a single room with ensuite, comfortable, very clean and tidy. The bed was also comfortable and I had a good nights sleep, the following morning I was asked if the seaguls had woke me, I hadn't noticed them and I slept with the window open all night as the weather as warm. The breakfast is requested the previous day by completing a small tick sheet which offers a very good choice of continental and cooked items theres also space on the sheet for any additional requests or comments. At breakfast the following morning there was an excellent choice of cereals, fruit, yogurts and breads/toast etc along with fresh locally produced juice's (definately not concentrated), the cooked breakfast I ordered was only a small breakfast (at my request) however some fellow guests were tucking into good hearty full breakfasts. I'm very comfortable to recommend this B&B to anyone and will keep the number in my phone for any future stays in the area.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business