“EXCEPTIONAL”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Cornerways Guest House
Ranked #11 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I found the Corneyways to be a wonderful place to stay and would highly recommend it to anyone. The owner and staff were very helpful and friendly. The breakfast was faultless and a wonderful start to the day. Nothing was too much trouble, even down to putting out my favourite homemade jam ready for my breakfast.

The place was ideally situated to the train station and town centre and was spottlessly clean and reasonably priced

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank JoanneS186363
Matt M, Owner at Cornerways Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2013

Thank you so very much indeed for your review and for the lovely card you sent to me and my staff after your stay. We remember you as a most lovely guest and we would be more than delighted to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

We felt very welcome by Matt the new German owner. He was always helpful when we had questions. He served the breakfast every morning with a smile and the cook did a lovely cooked breakfast which was very fresh. Room 1 was a lovely double room with plenty of room to move about and have suitcases out of the way. The other rooms were really small with ensuites also, not much room for a suitcase or much else. But they were clean and all we needed a the end of a day. Rooms 1 and 2 were rather noisy on Friday and Saturday nights but they were the bigger rooms. I would go here again and recommend this as a good place to stay. Very close to the train and bus station to access all Cornwall.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank MelBid
Reviewed 26 May 2012

As we were depending on public transport to move around Cornwall, we chose Cornerways Guest House for our three nights in Penzance in May. The train & bus stations are only a short walk away and the guesthouse is conveniently located near the main shopping street. We were able to take all the trips we planned for using Penzance as our base. Our stay was truly enjoyable, partly contributed by our choice of accommodation.

On top of the excellent location, we were pleased with the lovely double room which we stayed in. Matt, who just took over the guesthouse 2 weeks before we arrived, was most helpful & nice. Breakfast was great and Matt was always asking what else we needed. We were not used to the cold & we were happy that the heater was already switched on by the time we returned to our room! With this type of service, Matt will certainly do well.

Highly recommended....

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank CAASKL
Matt M, Owner at Cornerways Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 1 March 2013

Thank you so very much indeed for your lovely and most appreciated comment. It was a great pleasure to accommodate you. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and it would be a great pleasure to welcome you again one day. All the best to you.

Reviewed 17 April 2012

My mum and I stayed in a double room for a night this April. It was cozy, warm, and very convenient for transit access.

Andrea was a doll in helping us sort our train connections and kindly kept our bag for us before we moved onto Newquay.

Would recommend!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank cdntravels068
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Just as well I left the cat at home as this was the smallest room I have ever slept in. Beside the single bed was the only floor space, just a 6ft x 7ft triangle. Part of this was taken up by an open-fronted wardrobe and a chair. To one side was a small en-suite containing a shower, small wash basin and toilet. Surprisingly, I managed to find room for all the clothes and gear I had brought for a week's walking holiday. The room and en-suite were clean and fresh with good decor, and everything was in a good state of repair. Towels and bedding were changed regularly. Overall I was very comfortable and warm with central heating coming on morning and night. I cannot fault the breakfasts on choice, quality or quantity. John and Andrea were very good hosts and I would certainly recommend Cornerways as a very good value-for-money gueast house. I did manage to get a peek at the other three bedrooms (a double, a twin and a single) and they were all much bigger than the room I had. I would come again but would ask for Room 1 (single en-suite) rather than the Room 5 I had this time. A final word on parking. I paid £20 for a week's parking in the nearby station car park as all the roads around Cornerways have double yellow lines. However, I noticed that most people ignored these and I didn't see a traffic warden all week.

Room Tip: There are two single en-suite rooms. Room 1 is far superior to Room 5.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank John D
Reviewed 26 September 2011

We stayed here for two weeks and were very pleased with our choice of accommodation.
It was very convenient for both the bus and rail stations. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. We received a very warm welcome from Andrea and John, John's breakfast were perfectly cooked and very substantial. Andrea's suggestiions about where to go and how to get there were most helpful. All in all we had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend Cornerways to anyone who wants to visit the south west of Cornwall. It would also be a good place to stay if you wished to visit the Isles of Scilly.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank jayanem
Reviewed 15 September 2011

Staying in this Bed and Breakfast was an amazing experience ! It was second to none ! The Hospitality was warm and endearing ! Andrea and John went out of their way to make my stay really comfortable and provide for all my needs ! The Location was really spot-on as it was just a short distance from all the places i needed to go to ! The environment was extremely clean and the food fantastic ! This is one Bed and Breakfast i would readily go back to ! It comes highly recommended !!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business