“Excellent;we thoroughly recommend”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Cornerways Guest House
Ranked #11 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2014

From our first enquiry to our departure, everything was done with great efficiency. 'Cornerways' is incredibly convenient for bus and train, if, like us, you no longer like driving. The guesthouse is small but everything is beautifully organised by Matt. The facilities, the breakfast, the helpful advice were everything one could wish for. WiFi is available in-house.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 August 2014

My partner and I booked the double room for a week and even extended the stay for another night because we liked it so much. Matt does a fantastic job by providing a very clean, beautifully decorated place with loads of complementary things (fresh fruit every day, some chocolate here, some biscuits there...). Plus he is a great person to ask where to go and he will tell you which bus to catch, which beach or little café you should not miss, which restaurant is little but special etc. as he knows the area so well. Very friendly staff who works for him. Lovely breakfast with different options, even for vegetarians. I can recommend the place without any doubt!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Matt M, Owner at Cornerways Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

What a lovely review! Thank you so very much indeed. You were lovely guests and it was a great pleasure to talk to you when you came down for breakfast. I am delighted that you had a good time in Penzance and hope to accommodate you again in the future. My warmest regards to both of you.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The Cornerways Guest House in Penzance was clean, comfortable, and less than a five-minute walk from the train and bus stations. Matt was prompt, professional, and courteous throughout the booking process, and he was the ideal host once I arrived. His recommendations were spot on - sights to see, places to eat, where to buy electrical adapters... His thoughtfulness even extended to packing a huge lunch for me the morning I left, as my early train departed well before the breakfast hour. I would highly recommend Cornerways to anyone visiting Penzance.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank 0805Catherine

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment. I am very glad that you enjoyed your stay in Penzance. We at Cornerways would be delighted to welcome you back in the not too far future.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

My freind David &I stayed for several days and found the standard very high. Very clean (I'm neurotic about cleanliness and check everywhere). Great service offering extras. Information available on all sorts of things to do and see. 1 minute to trains,buses.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank Carolyn M
Matt M, Owner at Cornerways Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Thank you very much indeed for your most encouraging comment. My staff and I are very glad that we were able to make you feel welcome and comfortable. I do look forward to welcoming you back one day. All the best to you and your friend.

Reviewed 14 June 2014

This is a very clean, very welcoming guesthouse and the room was a good size. Matt has the right balance of being really helpful without being overbearing. The breakfast is nice and the location is perfect for the train station. We will definitely stay again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rebeccabutler29

Thank you very, very much for your lovely review. It was a great pleasure to have you here and we are delighted that you enjoyed your stay in Penzance. I hope to see you again one day. All the very best to you.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This is the second time I have stayed at Cornerways, and it wont be the last....as per usual Matt was the perfect host......wonderful breakfasts, and at last, a room with a great shower (you will all know what I mean !) Combined with a weeks walking in warm sunshine, this was the perfect stay

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Thank you very much for your encouraging comment. My staff and I would be delighted to accommodate you again in the near future. All the very best to you.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

This was, I think, my third stay at Cornerways for a short walking holiday and I will definately be returning! Matt is a warm and welcoming host who has masses of local knowledge and is happy to advise about places to eat and visit, the state of the coast path, bus timetables and even the weather. Cornerways is ideally situated just round the corner from the train and bus station so no need to drag luggage all over town yet because it is up a side street it is amazingly quiet at night. My room was comfortable, clean and cosy with everything I needed on hand. The breakfast was delicious and there was a good variety to choose from. On the morning of my departure Matt kindly let me leave my luggage at the B&B and collect it later in the day so that I could go for one more walk before catching a train in the afternoon which I greatly appreciated.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo

Thank you so very much indeed for your lovely comment. I am more than delighted that you have become one of our regulars. It has always been and will always be a great pleasure to accommodate you. All the very best to you and until next time.