Keigwin House
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Penzance
See available hotels
Hotel Penzance(Penzance)
Marazion Hotel(Marazion)
Chymorvah Hotel(Marazion)
  • Restaurant
Cove Cottage(St Buryan)
View Hotel
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
Cottage Hotel(Carbis Bay)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsb bbed and breakfastcentral locationquiet streettown centreisles of scillythe perfect place to stayrooms were very cleannice stayon arrivalroom was largeminute walkenjoyed our staytrain stationfranstuartmicrowave
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I was in Penzance for 1 night only. Stayed at Keigwin House having been delighted with the quality of accommodation and service on a previous visit. I was not disappointed. My ensuite, clean spacious room was ready for me at lunchtime although I arrived well before the official check-in time. I can only echo previous comments on the friendly welcome, and, though I didn't need to call for any help, felt that if I needed to I could approach Fran for any help or information needed on local attractions and facilities etc etc. The price charged reflects marvellous value. I will return to this B&B whenever I am in this part of Cornwall

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had an excellent trip here, Fran greeted us warmly when we checked in, asked us about our journey, explained to us about our hotel key and breakfast and asked us to fill out our breakfast menu for the morning which would be served between 8am-9am. The room itself was nice and clean and everything was in working order. The next morning, Fran greeted us in the dining room, asked that if we wanted to toast, cereals we could help ourselves, after 15 mins or so cam up with our cooked breakfast, yes you only get the 1 sausage but other than that portions are good size and personally I don't think it is fair to moan about getting served just one sausage, Fran was very friendly and polite, personally I loved the tesco orange juice to which Fran herself confessed to using, other users on here moaning about cheap juice are just bored.... I would go back there anyday, very recommended cosy place :-)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2012

On arrival at Keigwin house we were greeted by Fran who was friendly and welcoming. Once inside we were given our breakfast menu to complete and shown to our room. Room 3, a family room with en-suite. Clean and practical it had 2 beds, a tv with freeview, ample storage including wardrobe and chest of drawers. The room also had tea/coffee facilities which included hot chocolate and UHT milk. Fresh milk was offered on arrival however we declined. UHT is acceptable. Room 3, situated at the back of the Keigwin House was very quiet and both of us slept very well, although I felt the mattress was slightly on the softer side my accompanying guest felt it was just right. You can't please everyone. Breakfast is served between 8 and 9 and served in the dining room at the front of the property offering a full range of branded cereals, yogurt, fruit, fruit juices and the facility to make your own toast. Your cooked breakfast is then bought to you with a choice of tea or coffee. Overall a very satisfied first visit to Penzance as well as my first B&B experience. Well done Fran.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Fran B, Owner at Keigwin House, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2012

First of all apologies for not responding sooner, I've only just worked out how!! So pleased you enjoyed your stay at Keigwin and we hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 8 January 2012

We booked this hotel while we were visiting relatives in Penzance. The owners Fran and Stuart are the most charming and friendly people and the hotel does them proud. We had a lovely room on the ground floor and I could use my lap top in the dining room when breakfast was voer sitting in the bay window looking out on a lovely tree lined road. I would recommend this place to anyone, not least because the breakfast is wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room but I am sure all the rooms are first class.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank amanda5356
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Amazingly clean room and ensuite. Tasty breakfast made to order. Lots of choice if cooked breakfast not your thing. Bed was very comfy. No sea view but a stones through from the promenade. Easy walk to city centre. Friendly staff who are very helpful. Not knowing the area they gave lots of info on arrival. Booking was easy and enquiry answered promptly via email. Would recommend Keigwin House to anyone. Free wi-fi as well.

Room Tip: Superior double has no views but is at the back so quieter because not on the road.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple