“Perfect budget B&B”
Review of Keigwin House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Keigwin House
Ranked #25 of 81 Penzance B&B and Inns
Devonport, Australia
“Perfect budget B&B”
Reviewed 16 June 2012

We felt we had arrived at the perfect B&B. Fran is friendly, energetic and helpful. Our room was clean and comfortable . We really appreciated the use of the dining room with microwave and utensils in the evenings.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
plymouth, England
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This B&B was very good overall & Penzance is lovely! The owner (fran) was lovely - really welcoming & had excellent local knowledge. They have a microwave and plates, cutlery etc for you to use in the evening if you want to heat up your own meal - which I did to save costs on eating out, and are asked to eat in the dining room - very quiet, pretty room. There is a big Tesco or Morrisons near by (5 min by car, 20 min walk or on bus route). There are also lots of mini grocery shops within a short walking distance. Town center is 15 min walk through a park, ocean front is 5 mins.
The B&B is located on a road which takes you to main routes, and buses go on it, plus free street parking.
Breakfast was good. I'm not a big one for fry ups, so this was an option if you are, and made to your specific order, just put your request in the night before. Otherwise, cereal, yoghurts, toast are available - a "help yourself" style.
My room was a single, had everything I needed, own basin and running water, hair dryer, tv, tea and coffee facilities and a robe etc. Room was very clean, checked over daily and bin changed daily. Only problem I found was the room I had was above the main entrance meaning that I kept hearing the banging of the door when I was in. Also, there seemed to be a timed water issue - which I think my room was next to the water pipes as it woke me up each day, kinda annoying but not that big a deal.
I paid to share a bathroom - there is one bathroom and an additional loo - only to be shared with 3 others. I never worried about bumping into someone, and never needed to queue for the use of the shower etc.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Bristol
Reviewed 11 May 2012

I was in Penzance for 1 night only. Stayed at Keigwin House having been delighted with the quality of accommodation and service on a previous visit. I was not disappointed. My ensuite, clean spacious room was ready for me at lunchtime although I arrived well before the official check-in time. I can only echo previous comments on the friendly welcome, and, though I didn't need to call for any help, felt that if I needed to I could approach Fran for any help or information needed on local attractions and facilities etc etc. The price charged reflects marvellous value. I will return to this B&B whenever I am in this part of Cornwall

• Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
West Midlands, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 March 2012

We had an excellent trip here, Fran greeted us warmly when we checked in, asked us about our journey, explained to us about our hotel key and breakfast and asked us to fill out our breakfast menu for the morning which would be served between 8am-9am. The room itself was nice and clean and everything was in working order. The next morning, Fran greeted us in the dining room, asked that if we wanted to toast, cereals we could help ourselves, after 15 mins or so cam up with our cooked breakfast, yes you only get the 1 sausage but other than that portions are good size and personally I don't think it is fair to moan about getting served just one sausage, Fran was very friendly and polite, personally I loved the tesco orange juice to which Fran herself confessed to using, other users on here moaning about cheap juice are just bored.... I would go back there anyday, very recommended cosy place :-)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 March 2012

On arrival at Keigwin house we were greeted by Fran who was friendly and welcoming. Once inside we were given our breakfast menu to complete and shown to our room. Room 3, a family room with en-suite. Clean and practical it had 2 beds, a tv with freeview, ample storage including wardrobe and chest of drawers. The room also had tea/coffee facilities which included hot chocolate and UHT milk. Fresh milk was offered on arrival however we declined. UHT is acceptable. Room 3, situated at the back of the Keigwin House was very quiet and both of us slept very well, although I felt the mattress was slightly on the softer side my accompanying guest felt it was just right. You can't please everyone. Breakfast is served between 8 and 9 and served in the dining room at the front of the property offering a full range of branded cereals, yogurt, fruit, fruit juices and the facility to make your own toast. Your cooked breakfast is then bought to you with a choice of tea or coffee. Overall a very satisfied first visit to Penzance as well as my first B&B experience. Well done Fran.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Fran B, Owner at Keigwin House, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
First of all apologies for not responding sooner, I've only just worked out how!! So pleased you enjoyed your stay at Keigwin and we hope to welcome you back in the future.
Corsham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 January 2012

We booked this hotel while we were visiting relatives in Penzance. The owners Fran and Stuart are the most charming and friendly people and the hotel does them proud. We had a lovely room on the ground floor and I could use my lap top in the dining room when breakfast was voer sitting in the bay window looking out on a lovely tree lined road. I would recommend this place to anyone, not least because the breakfast is wonderful.

Room Tip: We had a ground floor room but I am sure all the rooms are first class.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank amanda5356
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2011

Amazingly clean room and ensuite. Tasty breakfast made to order. Lots of choice if cooked breakfast not your thing. Bed was very comfy. No sea view but a stones through from the promenade. Easy walk to city centre. Friendly staff who are very helpful. Not knowing the area they gave lots of info on arrival. Booking was easy and enquiry answered promptly via email. Would recommend Keigwin House to anyone. Free wi-fi as well.

Room Tip: Superior double has no views but is at the back so quieter because not on the road.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple