“Fresh Fish”

Ranked #15 of 187 Restaurants in Penzance
Cuisines: Seafood, Bar, Pub, Grill
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Reviewed 17 April 2014

We booked to have a mid week meal here. The choice of specials was superb with plenty of local fish dishes. I have Coeliac disease and any of the specials could be adapted for me. I chose cod which was beautifully prepared served simply but with a warm gluten free roll. The megrim my husband had was one of the best with a tasty lemon mash. Homemade ice cream yummy!
Our waitress Michelle was very knowledgeable and efficient at her job. We were made to feel special despite being regulars.

2  Thank Julie P

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Travelled 420 miles today. Checked into hotel and popped across the road to this pub for a pint. Food smelt great. Ordered steak with all the trimmings. Fantastic food, cooked perfectly to my liking. Staff full of smiles. Couldn't have wished to have walked into a better place. Took a photo for my wife and they did ask if I was taking a photo of my food so with respect, I'm not posting a photo. Ironically, it did however, make me think I should post a review, so here it it's. Worth travelling 420 miles for!

1  Thank Mikebonnitt
turkshead40, Owner at The Turks Head, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2014

Hi, thanks for the lovely review it's great that you found the time to write about us, please feel free to post your photos of pub and food. Perhaps next time you can stay longer and bring your wife.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

Got out of the rain to a warm welcome and good beer. Excellent Meals and service. Worth finding. oldie worldie. Liver fab and fish & chips superb ! Thanks for a nice evening.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

Lunchtime drink in this oldest pub in town prompted our return for an evening meal. Food superb, our fish in beer batter was perfect and pud best ever - have the choc fondant spongey thing oozing dark chocolate with a toblerone icecream, heaven. The general ambience was warm and welcoming. Staff are helpful and pay attention to detail - we were actually asked if we would like water with our meal (as well as the wine!) We will definitely return when next in Penzance

Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had a lovely fish and chip dinner at the oldest pub in Penzance. The batter on the fish was light and tasty and the haddock was cooked perfectly, dinner was served on a wooden board. Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. Good menu choice available. You can choose whether to eat in the bar or restaurant area. Pub is situated in Chapel Street which has some interesting, historical buildings.