“Certainly got the recipe right”
Review of Branwells Mill Meadery - CLOSED

Branwells Mill Meadery
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Having read some of the recent reviews, I wasn't sure how my experience of Penzance Meadery - or The Mill as it is now called - would be.

However, I found that the new management had really pulled it all together and got the house in order.

There was a new menu, moving away but still keeping the traditional Meadery fare, and new staff.

Service was quick, polite and efficient and the food served was good. I had the pea and mint risotto while my partner had one of the gourmet burgers.

We were both very impressed with the standard of the food and the portions.

I didn't fancy a mead wine as they are a bit sweet, so I was pleased that they had a local real ale on draft that was served to perfection.

Children are well catered for here and I think anyone wishing good wholesome food, in a interesting setting at a good price cannot really go wrong with a visit to this restaurant.

2  Thank Mike_on_TourUK
There are newer reviews for Branwells Mill Meadery

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Awfal service. took over an hour to get any food , then another period of time to get the main meal, have used bramwell a few times and it used to be good, well not now it isn't, 12 people in our group, and not one of them will be back, get it sorted or go out of business!!.....out of10..i would give it minus 5!

4  Thank cornishpastypaul
Rebecca F, Owner at Branwells Mill Meadery, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

I've waited a few days to reply to this post because in all honesty I was speechless at just how angry you seem to be with what was essentially a wait for food in an extremely busy restaurant. To put it into context, it was a really busy Bank holiday Saturday and we were full. Now we are a very big restaurant so when we are full that is a lot of people to serve and there will inevitably be a wait for food. All the staff were working as quickly as possible to serve everyone and we were advising people of the wait on food. Other tables that night commented on what a nice atmosphere it was and how good it was to see the place busy again. We are not a fast food restaurant and I do not measure my success on how much fried food I can churn out as quickly as possible. I'm sorry that on this occasion we did not meed your expectations, but perhaps this review says more about you than it does about me.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Appalling, terrible experience.Avoid this place,the food is terrible, waitress very rude almost threw our food at us. I've had better meals in KFC.

5  Thank Nick F
Rebecca F, Owner at Branwells Mill Meadery, responded to this reviewResponded 5 May 2014

Hi
Im really surprised by your review. Since taking over I've worked hard on improving the service and we have been getting really good feedback. A rating of one is pretty bad so I'm surprised you didn't say anything at the time. I've been there all weekend and certainly don't remember any complaints. Please feel free to contact me personally so that I can look into this further.

Many thanks

Rebecca

Reviewed 28 April 2014

I understand that the new management took over just before Christmas 2013, well thank god they did. What an improvement, while still a meadery the menu has has a facelift with daily specials of Goumet burgers and fish dishes. Rebecca explained that fresh fish is purchased from Newlyn an burgers are made from Cornish beef. We actually had monkfish and chorizo and my partner had mussels both were amazing. The ice cream sundaes and perfiteroles with salted caramel were pretty good too. Staff were polite and helpful and we felt very wrlcome, one word of caution the mead can go striaght to your head. Also a fantastic place gor the young and old if you love pirates because they are everywhere you look.

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We went as a family of 6. The kids were entertained by a nice bag full of surprises, kept them going for a while. Even for a quite busy Friday evening, it didn't take long for our food to arrive. The chicken was nice with a crispy skin, the Full Monty (from the new burger menu) was full of flavour and juicy. We will definitely go there again very soon. Even large bookings they can deal with without any issues. Well done !