“Excellent accommodation.”

Ranked #58 of 81 Penzance B&B and Inns
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Excellent accommodation.”
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Very centrally situated in Penzance, 1 minutes walk to town, 2 minutes to the harbour, a quiet & relaxing B&B. Kate & Josh are very welcoming & the room was lovely. Very modern decor,comfy bed, great shower & everything you need for a short break. Breakfast was excellent & nothing was too much trouble.
Thoroughly enjoyed my stay & would recommend Morrab to anyone.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Kaz803

Stratford-upon-Avon
Reviewed 22 October 2011

First of all this place is very difficult to find, and parking in the extremely narrow cul de sac is frankly an absolute nightmare. So we arrived tired and irritated, to be told that we could not have the second floor room that we had booked, with a kitchenette, because it had been given to a "nightworker"!! We were instead given a ground floor room which was grubby and cold, with no heating, mismatched furniture, a dirty rug and flimsy curtains. Within minutes of arriving we had to say what we wanted for breakfast the next morning. The room smelt of cooking, due no doubt to the locked connecting door to the kitchen. There was no wardrobe, just an alcove with a rail, which was next to the kitchen door. The bathroom was very basic. The lock on the door to our room was not at all sturdy. I could go on and on! All in all very off putting. We decided not to stay, although we did pay for the two nights we booked, as per the cancellation policy. I should urge people to think very carefully before staying at this establishment.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank FlossieS
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 October 2011

The hosts were helpful, the building central but quiet, the room spotless, the full english breakfast was cooked perfectly (no grease), and I'm sure most people will appreciate the kitchenette in the room.
However, there were many niggly little things that would make the stay a little better.
Firstly, I'm not one for letting 'cosmetic' appearances ruin a stay, but some people may do. Therefore the shelf under the bathroom mirror should really be fixed so it doesn't slope, rendering it useless (it seems from one other review on another site that it's been like that for at least a few weeks), and the broken towel rail should be replaced, the door made so it actually shuts and some paintwork needs doing too. We were given two very small towels as well, about a third of the size of our bath towels at home. The shower curtain is also too dark for the light in the room - you end up showering in darkness and in a small shower it gets quite claustrophobic, a nice see- through one would be better, or better yet a shower door.
Also, it's lovely having breakfast in your room, but the 'choice' was not what was on the website (one of the reasons we booked here was for the Kedegree, that was then not forthcoming!), and it's a bit tricky being asked on the spot the night before what you want - fruit and yoghurt, pancakes and berries or a full english. No menu, no options for preference of yoghurt/fruit or fruit juice (I believe it was the same/or the same mix as a tesco fruit salad, lots of melon which I really don't like, and although orange juice is a safe bet with most people, my dentist advised me against it :S) - although they were very accommodating when we asked for tomato sauce, although it seemed like it was something they weren't 'prepared' for. Also there was a VERY strong sweet smelling air freshener (2 in fact) that made me feel really ill, we had to turn them off at the plug and keep all the windows open, by the second night it was still noticable but not overwhelmingly so anymore. Also, parking is a nightmare, when I asked about it I was told "If you can get a space park there" but was not given any recommendations where to park elsewhere if there wasn't a free space! Thankfully I was lucky and nabbed one.

It may sound like I'm moaning, but I just think that these are things that guests (unless they love complaining) don't really bring up during a stay, especially as we were staying at a reduced rate through late rooms and only for two nights.
Yet if they were changed then I believe guests would be even happier. :)
We stay in another B&B in Cornwall for £10 less a night that does biscuits and hot chocolate in the room, a huge choice for breakfast and still has the benefit of kettle/sink in the room and a place to sit by the window, as well as improving the fixtures and decoration all the time, so it can be done!

All in all I did enjoy my stay, and they made good recommendations for dinner and you can tell they do care, I think they may just be a bit new to this and I'm sure improvements will be made over time.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
6 Thank fenny89
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 September 2011

We stayed here for one night early in September and thought it was lovely. We had a family room (it was on the ground floor as you go through the front door to the right) - it was a good sized room, wooden floorboards, lovely fresh clean linen and a good size en suite shower, plus an area for storage.
Breakfast was yummy! Served in our room at a time of our choice. Would definitely stay again if ever in Penzance and would recommend.
If you are looking for a comfortable, clean place to stay, minutes from the seafront, shops and pubs, then this is the place. Approx 15/20 min walk from train/coach station.
Enjoy!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank rvk66
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Spent a lovely comforable night in this B&B. Room was lovely, clean and very comfortable!! The bathroom was very modern and a great size. Great having the heated towel rail and little radiator in room to dry some very wet cycling gear for a Lands End to John O'Groats cyclist. Breakfast was delicious and we were told that we could have it anytime we wanted.
Thank you for your hospitality!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank wendyormesher
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 March 2011

Despite being right in the heart of Penzance, the B&B is situated in a small, very quiet side road. That, and the huge and very comfortable double bed bed ensured a sound sleep. It was also a real pleasure to stay somewhere with modern, contemporary decor. But above all this, it was the hospitality of Josh and Kate that makes Morrab Place so special. Nothing is too much trouble and you're made to feel like a guest in their home. My only regret...having to get up too early for the renowned cooked breakfast! I'm sure I'll be back..but next time, I'll make sure I'm there to sample Josh's culinary delights. Great place and superb value for money.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank BananaPancakePhoto
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2011

I stayed at the Morrab Place Bed and Breakfast for 3 nights in February at the start of a trip i was doing with my Dad. The welcome we recieved when we arrived was an honest and warm welcome. The room in which we stayed was very comfortable with lots of evidence of extra thought. An example of this was a dog food bowl with water already in it and dog food available for the dog we had brought with us. The room was comfortable and spacious and had all the equipment we needed to make us feel at home. I would definately return to this bed and breakfast next time i am in Penzance and i will be recommending it to any friends or family heading that way. I also must say that the breakfasts were wonderful.

• Stayed February 2011