“Lovely fish and chips”

Ranked #59 of 181 Restaurants in Penzance
Price range: US$7 - US$64
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Brunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Fat Fish Café and Take Away serving you the best tasting fish and chips in Penzance - all dishes are homemade using locally sourced ingredients where possible. We are open all year round with free wifi and both indoor and outdoor seating. Whether you enjoy traditional fish and chips or prefer your fish simply grilled with new potatoes and vegetables, this is the place to eat them. Please note that all chips are cooked in palm oil making them suitable for vegetarians. If you follow a gluten free diet, you can still enjoy traditional fish and chips by requesting our celiac batter.It’s not all about fish and chips though. We do have varied breakfast items as well as delicious daytime dishes for you to choose from as well as our daily specials. Children have their own all day menu with dishes like ‘Pickers Platter’ designed specifically to cater to their tastes. You will find Fat Fish Café on Wharf Road opposite the harbour car park a minute’s walk from the railway and bus station and underneath Wharfside Apartments with eat in and take away food and wine. Private parties and events can be catered for, just give us a ring or call in to discuss your requirements. Whether you want just a coffee, glass of wine or a three course meal, you can be assured of a warm welcome from Lorraine and the team, so sit back and let us make your meal a memorable one!
Gainsborough, United Kingdom
“Lovely fish and chips”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We had been on a catamaran trip and this is the 1st place we saw to get food. There was a choice of fish and even batters, (beer or not). We choice the beer batter and it was excellent as was the chips. The staff were very friendly and attentive. I would definitely eat here again if I was in the vicinity.

• Visited July 2014

Newport, Wales, United Kingdom
“AWESOME”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This was the best fish i've had in Penzance, I had a fish selection, it was cooked perfectly, the cod was amazing, the waitress was very friendly & helpful. There was plenty on the plate too, it was my first time here, won't be my last.

• Visited July 2014
“Very Good Lunch - Not just a chippy”
Reviewed 27 June 2014

At first, I was expecting to order fish and chips and for it to be adequate. However, upon arrival, we found it to be a table service cafe with a very varied menu. I settled with a prawn marie rose jacket potato with side salad. I found the portion size to be very generous and reasonably priced and the service both polite and swift. Would visit again.

• Visited June 2014
Solihull, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yummy lunch”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We came here for lunch as one of the friends we were with needs a gluten free diet. He was very happy with his gluten free fish and chips and the rest of us loved our lunches too! I love that it is a chippy you can sit outside of. Wonderful staff and reasonable prices :)

Bristol, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent meal, friendly staff”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

I always check menus when passing a cafe or restaurant to see if there is a gluten free option. I was very pleased to find that The Fat Fish Cafe served gluten free fish and chips. The batter was lovely and crisp and the chips were just right. My wife ordered scampi and chips which was very tasty.
The young lady who served us was very friendly and helpful.
A delightful meal and a highly recommended place to eat.

• Visited June 2014