“The best B&B/Guest House I 've ever stayed at.”
Review of Camilla House

Camilla House
Ranked #14 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reviewed 15 October 2012

Booked 11 nights at Camilla House,Penzance. Been to Penzance quite a few times over the yeras and I've stayed in a few different guest houses over the years. When I arrived I was greeted by Susan,she was very friendly and was full of information on what to do in Penzance. I stayed in a single room on first floor with a magnificient view over Mount Bay, no ensuite, private toilet and shower upstairs. The room was reasonably big, very comfortable bed, very clean, nice fluffy towels (extra towels were in the shower, no need to bring the one in the bedroom), a bathrobe. When I go back (which I will) I will look for the same room again, it was very comfortable and the view makes it perfect. The breakfast was of the highest standard, served by Simon who was very friendly. I was always welcomed with a smile and a few friendly words.
In other words, I had a great time and I was very sorry to leave. Thank you Susan and Simon for making my visit to Penzance so enjoyable.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Pendower, if you are ok with no ensuite and having your private bathroom upstairs I ca...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Lars_Nilsson_Sweden
There are newer reviews for Camilla House

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Arriving at Camilla house is a real pleasure -Susan and Simon go out of their way to ensure you are provided with a full orientation of Penzance with very useful suggestions about where to eat and where to visit. I had the ground floor single room which whilst small was perfect for my needs. The tea tray was well-stocked, a complementary btl of water & bowl of sweets -the icing on the cake. The small en-suite well planned with immediate and plentiful hot water & fluffy towels (A very small w.h.b. difficult to use). The breakfast choice was first class and the dining room beautifully decorated and very stylish. Camilla house is perfectly situated for exploring Penzance and they even have loan bikes again with suggestions and directions should you need them. Very much a top of the range B&B offering that bit extra - would not hesitate to stay again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Simon and Susan shouldn't really be in the hospitality industry judging from the experience of our stay, upon arrival we were taken into the office for what felt like being interviewed for the position of guest. Whilst lots of local information was forth coming the welcome was not warm and little consideration given to our ages as we were taken to the attic rooms even though we are well into our 70's. The breakfasts could not be faulted however,our mattresses lacked support and should be up for renewal sooner than later. The good weather allowed us to enjoy the countryside although we were pleased to leave .

Room Tip: Ask for something on he first fllor unless you are very good with stairs and not too tall lest you b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank douglas255103
Reviewed 7 September 2012

I have just spent a welcome and restful night at Camilla House. The facilities, food and attention to details were exceptional. I had booked as a last minute deal and therefore paid a reduced fee, I even considered offering additional payment, instead I used only a towel and didn't touch the additional extras in the room. LOL!
Many thanks
Barbara

Room Tip: I think all the rooms would be of equal quality
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Barbara S
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I've been to Penzance many times and this visit was one of my favorites. Simon and Susan were so friendly and their hospitality went the extra mile. They took the time to give us suggestions on where to eat, sites to visit and even arranged for our travel! The house was beautiful and you could tell they really went above and beyond with the remodel. The rooms were quite large with comfortable beds, great ocean views and very clean en-suite baths. Each morning offered a delicious breakfast with a menu of our choosing and was the perfect way to start the day. It was a pleasure staying there and I would highly recommend it to any traveler looking for a place in Penzance.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 August 2012

Wonderful room decorated and co or donated very well nice hospitality tray with nice treats in the room.
Breakfast was very good coffee excellent.
Nice to have the right cutlery.
Would highly recommend Camilla House

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 18 August 2012

Susan and Simon are great hosts and run a great house. From the moment we arrived we were welcomed with a cup of tea and a smile to make our first trip to Penzance so special. The room was fantastic with great views over the bay. Facilities and cleanliness was of a high standard which was maintained throughout our stay. The choice for breakfast was well varied to cater for all tastes and was always vary tasty. Our hosts knowledge of the area was very good which meant we were never lost for ldeas for day trips. If you're a runner talk to Susan about possible routes and joining runners from a local club for a training run. Fantastic 12 nights spent in a beautiful part of the country with great hosts. Would definately go back (maybe for the cornwall marathon!)

• Stayed: August 2012