The Queens Hotel
  • Breakfast included
US$419
US$378
Orbitz.com
Tregenna Castle Resort(St Ives)(Great Value!)
US$234
  • Pool
Hotel Penzance(Penzance)
No availability for your dates from our partners
The Gannet Inn(Carbis Bay)
TripAdvisor
Hotels.com
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewssea viewnight porterdog friendly hotelsea frontmounts baylarge bathroomlovely hotelfour poster bedsingle roomst michaels mountweekend breakscilly islescouple of nightslovely viewnothing is too much troublelands endfull english
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 July 2014

The location could not be better in Penzance. The rooms at the front have a spectacular view over the sea, from St Michael's Mount to the East to the Mousehole headland to the West. Always something going on on the water to look at. Flat walk of about 400yards to some good restaurants near the harbour and then a short uphill walk to many more and the main shops. Hotel staff extremely helpful and pleasant. Decor is typical of seaside hotel. Easy parking in hotel car park. Recommended.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel P, Public Relations Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Fussywife,

Thank you for your kind review.

We're very glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our staff were polite and helpful.

Please do come again, we look forward to seeing you.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I was staying at a nearby hotel, and decided to eat one evening at the Queens Hotel for a change. The evening menu was displayed at Reception, so I was able to see what kind of food was available before making a booking. I booked a table for that evening with a very pleasant young man on Reception. When I arrived that evening, my table was already laid up, together with a bread roll and water, awaiting my arrival. I chose the chicken liver pate with warm toast starter. This arrived promptly and was a good helping of attractively presented pâté with toast that really was warm. My main course of sole with a dish of vegetables - new and sauté potatoes, cauliflower, green beans and carrots was very nicely cooked and a portion size far greater than I could manage. I did however manage to force down a dessert of strawberries with clotted cream, which was again a very generously sized portion. I had a glass of very acceptable house wine with the meal. The bill came to around £30 which I thought was a little expensive, but considering both the quality and quantity of food, I was happy to pay it. The waitress was friendly and helpful, and I had a lovely sea view from my table. Overall a very enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank pollyanna_rosa

Pollyanna,

Thank you for your kind review.

We take great pride in the food served at The Queens Hotel, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience.

Our food is sourced from local producers as we are keen to support our local farmers and fishermen, and also believe that their produce is far superior to other sources of food.

Sometimes, this may cause some items to be more expensive but, as you rightly pointed out, the quality and quantity of food is worth it.

We certainly don't want anyone leaving The Queens Hotel hungry.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

We booked this trip through Wowcher which at £99 for a two night stay for two of us, was a good price. It was a very large, imposing hotel right on the sea front, and had wonderful views of the sea. We upgraded to a sea view room with four poster bed, and it was absolutely beautiful. It was really large with plenty of good quality furniture, and lots of hanging space for clothes. The bed was lovely and comfortable and the bed linen was immaculate. There was a table and two chairs in front of the bay.window, and you could sit and admire the wonderful panoramic views. The bathroom had been recently refurbished and was very bright and scrupulously clean.
The food in the hotel was excellent. A full English breakfast served each morning, served directly from the kitchen by the waiters.(none of your buffet style) and then dinner in the evening was really good, with plenty of choice. To sit by the window overlooking the sea, whilst you had your meals, was amazing.
The staff at the Hotel were all very polite and well-mannered, and very helpful if you needed to know anything.
The only negatives were that the lift wasn't working (and apparently hasn't been since the flooding in February)and we had to walk up forty eight steps each time we went to our room, and as a couple with walking difficulties, we found very hard.
Also, they had a small conservatory area next to the dining room, where you could sit and read and admire the views, but there was only four tables in there, and was in no way big enough for the people wanting to use it.
Overall, we had a wonderful time at this lovely hotel, and we can thoroughly recommend it. We will be back.

Room Tip: Request a room at the front, overlooking the sea
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Nigel P, Guest Relations Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Yvonne,

Thank you for reviewing The Queens Hotel and for your positive feedback.

We take pride in making sure our beds are ultra-comfortable and that the linen is presented to perfection. We feel these are important attributes to ensuring a sound night's sleep.

Having a meal while over looking St Michael's Bay is an amazing experience and one we are glad you enjoyed.

Our bathrooms are refurbished on a regular basis, and we ensure that all the rooms are well-maintained and spotlessly clean.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Queens Hotel in the future.

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Stayed at the Queens Hotel in Penzance and we had a lovely weekend-it was a special offer and breakfast ,one evening meal and cream tea was all included in the price and no payment for the dog. We were given a large room overlooking the sea and the service and food was excellent We ate in a dinning room overlooking the sea . The town was within walking distance and two most beautiful parks. Other beaches and little seaside towns were near by and at this time of the year not too busy. Would definitely go back

Room Tip: Ask for room overlooking the sea
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Ivy,

Thank you for taking time to review The Queens Hotel.

As always, pets are welcome at The Queens Hotel and we make every effort to serve the best food in Penzance.

We're pleased you found the service to your liking and enjoyed the views.

So please do come again, with your dog, and we look forward to welcoming you with the same service.

Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my second stay at The Queens Hotel within the last six months after a memorable winter stay that blew me away. The second visit was in June 2014 with my six year old daughter and was everything I remembered and expected. The staff are first class and every person I spoke to was polite, extremely helpful and always eager to engage in conversation with you. This adds to a great personal experience and you are made to feel so welcome and aware that they are there to help in any way possible.

The hotel is stunning and offers great views over the promenade out to sea. The inside decor adds to the hotels charm and grandeur feel as you are met with an impressive lobby and winding wooden staircase upon arrival. The hotel has a feeling of class and that is matched by its unrivalled service and staff that work hard and maintain the hotels reputation. My room was large with plenty of space, comfy beds and an immaculately clean bathroom. It was maintained to a very high standard and felt very homely. We had breakfast and dinner during our stay and all the food was to a high standard. Breakfast was buffet style and there was plenty of choice. My daughter chose cereal, fruit juice and toast and I went for a full English. We also had a three-course evening meal which again was superb. You get lots of veg with your chosen meat and the starters and deserts are delicious and beautifully presented.

I can't recommend or praise this hotel highly enough. It is an amazing hotel, fantastically positioned with great staff. Once you have visited there really is no competition as to where you will stay on your next visit to Penzance. I have read that the hotel is aimed at the over 50's but I have recently turned 30 and my daughter is 6 and we both love the place! The hotel caters for everyone and you are treated superbly regardless of age. Well done and thank you, I have been singing your praises to friends and family and I look forward to staying with you again in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Adam K

Adam,

Thank you for your kind review, we're very pleased you enjoyed your stay.

We aim to please every guest at The Queens Hotel to the best of our ability, and all ages are made to feel at home.

As a large, Victorian hotel we are lucky that all our rooms are very spacious allowing for comfortable furnishings.

So thank you again for your kind comments and we look forward to welcoming you, and your daughter again.