“A walk in the woods”
Review of Trewidden Garden

Trewidden Garden
Ranked #17 of 65 things to do in Penzance
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Not a special garden like Trengwainton. Lady told us that the rough shale was just for the first few feet and then the paths would be easy for a buggy. Not so. This is not a garden for the disabled.

Was natural and unspoiled

There are newer reviews for Trewidden Garden

Reviewed 18 May 2013

We visited Trewidden on an overcast day in early May, but the Azealias, Camelias, Magnolias etc. were magnificent. And the tree fern glade really made you feel like you were in a tropical jungle. I should imagine on a sunny day the gardens would be even more magnificent. Also many rare trees for the tree fanatice. A really nice cafe with friendly staff shared with reception. All in all a great garden, but I am a keen amateur Gardener, so I would say that, wouldn't I. The only downside was only one shared WC, although beautifully clean and disability friendly may create long queues on busy days. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Beautiful gardens, Nice sized car park and fabulous welcome from reception. We walked around for just over 2 hours in this wonderful garden. The entrance was a little steep but lovely and gentle walking the rest of the way. Very good value

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I visited this garden on a beautiful sunny day last weekend, and really enjoyed it. There is a recommended route around the garden with numbered signposts (1 to 30) which I followed as this was my first visit, and I found this to be very helpful. It's a beautiful natural woodland garden and is very interesting with amazing trees, and lots of birdsong. My favourite was the tree fern pit and look forward to visiting again. The tea and date flapjack were really good too! It's a very peaceful place to visit. The paths were well maintained and mostly clean gravel from memory.

Reviewed 22 April 2013

Trewidden is a lovely garden to visit. Luckily we had a sunny day and it looked amazing as usual.
Such a pleasure to wander around the pathways finding all sorts of plants and trees, one dating back to 1897! Our favourite part is the Walled Garden which is such a suntrap. Looks like lots of work has been done there with new planting in the beds. The tearoom is nice to have refreshments before or after your visit, with lovely friendly ladies to greet you,outside are benches to sit on if you wish. The entrance fee is £6.00, excellent value as you can stay for hours if you want to. There is plenty of parking space available. We walk to the garden from Newlyn, it is not far but care is needed as the road is busy and there is no pavement in places.
Trewidden is now open 7 days a week, and there are also plants available to buy. Thank you to all who look after Trewidden Garden and keep it so special.

1  Thank jane j