“Lots of Character”

Price range: US$3 - US$21
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This old pub is full of character and reeks (not literally!) of the sea and ships. It's worth a visit just to see the interior. We had lunch here one weekday in June. Enjoyed the food and good service. But treated to karaoke-type singing accompanied by a loud juke-box when we would have rather had some hush. Considered having an evening meal here next day, but it was very crowded and with a welcoming party of smokers on the doorstep. So we went to the nearby Turk's Head (see review) where the atmosphere was calmer!

3  Thank n0rbr8ck

Reviewed 31 July 2011

My mum, sister and 4 year old nephew went to the benbow for lunch, as we do every time we go to Penzance, and enjoyed it as much as ever. Warm welcome, delicious food and reasonable prices. The best chips in Cornwall in my opinion!

2  Thank Amy_and_Jami
Reviewed 19 June 2011

Went to the Admiral with my husband, a warm welcomerecieved and pub was done out nice,we decided to stay for a meal, on the menu was a sea food soup which was advertised as
"catch of the day" we asked the barmaid/waitress what the catch was only to be told "we normally use cod" lol!!! i had the scollops of which were only three, but tasted good and the fish and chips main course was. excellant.we had a nice time, but the tables, plastic pirate placemats and underside of table could of done with a bit of a wipe over round as felt quite sticky to touch.

2  Thank Karen S
Reviewed 22 March 2011

My husband and I went to the Admiral Benbow Inn because it was recommended so much but unfortunately our visit turned out to be a disappointment on the culinary side. When I ordered my steak "medium" I was informed that I could order the steak either "English" or "done" and I ordered it "done". My husband fancied a burger. Both looked nice on the plate but a closer inspection showed that the steak was so "done" that it was pretty chewy and the paddy and bap of the burger were both roasted black. We won't pop in for a meal again and we cannot recommend the Admiral Benbow Inn because of its food to anybody.

5  Thank Moggle1961
Reviewed 5 February 2011

Myself, my husband and young son recently had a short break in Penzance Cornwall. During our stay we visited The Admiral Benbow, we originally called in for a quick drink however we ended up spending most evenings during our trip there. The staff were extremly welcoming and friendly and could not do enough for us. The food was wonderful, the portion sizes generous, and cooked to a high standard we enjoyed a number of dishes from the menu and were impressed every time. The Pub itself is incredible with its many artifacts and treasures. The owners were keen to show us around and tell us the history behind the place which was fasinating. I would definatly recommend a visit to The Admiral Benbow to anyone who enjoys good service and superb food!!

3  Thank katherine148