“Fabulous fresh made food”

The Lost & Found Cafe & Vintage Shop
Cuisines: Cafe, British, Soups
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: The Lost & Found Cafe & Vintage Shop TUES - FRI... 9.30 Am til 5.30 Pm SAT 10 am til 5.30 Pm We are tucked away of the ground floor of a beautiful Georgian House. We are half way down the historic Chapel street and in our opinion well worth a find! Set over 3 cosy rooms, you can nestle yourself at one of our vintage tables, browse our huge cookery book selection, whilst drinking a pot of love tea, kept warm by a granny made tea cosy. We have a 'creation station' for kids, books to read, craft & vintage magazines, knitting... For people that like knitting, a vintage shop, tons of stuff! We have a small breakfast menu, scrambled eggs / toast / homemade granola etc served til 11.30 Am and lunch is served 12pm til 3pm. Everything is homemade on the premises, using fresh local ingredients. We serve sandwiches, huge salads, home-made soup, hot homity pies and more. Wash it down with a glass of wine, a coffee or maybe some rose lemonade. If you have any room left try a piece of homemade cake from our cake dresser, you can have cake at any time of day. Because cake is very important.
“Fabulous fresh made food”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

We turned up 15 mins before food orders were being taken at 12 noon which seemed to throw the team into a problem....my wife's pregnant and starving and they can't serve just a tad before they are allowed ! Bit odd but let's not worry...

....when the food did arrive for lunch it was delicious and couldn't be faulted. Very fresh and home made.

Highly recommended...if you don't turn up too early.

Penzance, United Kingdom
“No.1 in my Book !”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I live in Penzance, and being someone who is fortunate enough to have time to visit cafes often, I have sampled the delights of most places in the town.There are some great places to eat, drink and meet your friends in Penzance, but The Lost and Found is definitely my favourite. I have been visiting it most weeks since it opened (about 2 years?), and there is always a warm and courteous welcome. The decor is interesting and quirky and there are some very good vintage items to browse through in the shop.I often have lunch there and find the food absolutely delicious and fresh. The cakes are wonderful so I have to be very self disciplined!! A nice feature is the provision made for those with children; there are activity bags for them so they can be busy and productive while their parents chat. Of course every establishment will have problems from time to time, but on the very few occasions it's been slow service due to busyness or a hitch in the kitchen, I have been given complimentary drinks and a courteous apology and explanation. I feel the young ladies who run the cafe really care about the service and standard of food they offer as well as being genuinely friendly to all their customers. I would recommend this place to everyone.It's certainly my number 1 !

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank Vozpop
Hertfordshire
“Good, but number 1 in Penzance? Why?”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I really wanted to go to the cafe because it was number 1 on Trip Advisor in Penzance and we were staying a stone throw away. The overall look of the cafe does have a great vintage feel, it doubles up a shop and they have some nice items for sale, also some strange items on show including old black and white naturist magazines! The hot chocolate I had was very good. The girls had cream tea, they had to wait a while as the clotted cream was frozen so the staff had to fetch some more. It was good but the scones were no way near as good as the ones we had a couple of days before in St Ives which had been warmed up. I ordered the chocolate pear cake, despite being within arms reach of the cakes on display, there was a sign saying do not help yourself. I was left sitting there dribbling for 10 minutes before they realised that they had forgotten to serve me my cake. It was a good combination but the cake was pretty dry so a massive disappointment. It's a nice quirky place but in my opinion is not worthy of a number 1 place. Take away the the vintage theme and shop and you are left with a very average cafe.

• Visited June 2014
Dewsbury, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

i read about the cafe on Tripadvisor so decided that we would visit whilst on our hols last week. lovely place and lovely cake, tried the courgette cake - very yummy. Shame we live in Yorkshire !! but will definately visit again next year. thank you.

• Visited May 2014
Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Wonderful cake in a quirky setting”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We'd read about this place shortly before our trip, and we were determined to work in a visit. Having checked in at our room a little way down the street, we almost missed the Lost & Found Cafe! Located in a house in historic Chapel Street, the entrance is rather unassuming. From the street, the windows look into what appear to be a living room, albeit one that is perhaps a little quirky. Once inside, the rambling building is a delight. The front rooms of the property are essentially a vintage store - lots of re-purposed furnishings, collectables, and a comprehensive selection of original Penguin paperbacks. I loved browsing these books! The second room has a range of old furniture which make up tables for more formal dining, and the passageway winds towards the back of the house.

Here there is a small coffee bar, and a larger room with more tables and comfy sofas. On an old welsh dresser is the best selection of cakes I've seen for a long time, cut into very generous slices indeed. We visited very close to the end of the day, and food service had finished - so we contented ourselves with slices of cake and good quality, well-prepared coffee. The Cafe was quiet, so close to closing time, with just a few other customers, but far from feeling unwelcome we found the service to be polite and pleasant. We settled in to enjoy our late afternoon snack in quiet comfort.

It would be great to visit here earlier in the day, and experience the food menu which gets great reviews. But I'd have to recommend this place on the strength of the Lemon Cake alone. A rather unusual and interesting property, packed with charm and interest too.

• Visited May 2014