“Good portions!”

Dining options: Reservations
Penzance
“Good portions!”
Reviewed 24 August 2014

I went to this friendly atmospheric restaurant with my husband, daughter and three year old granddaughter. We all enjoyed it immensely. The staff were helpful and friendly and the ambience was delightful. We have been to this type of restaurant before and have to say we were impressed with the portion size. The food was very tasty. We all enjoyed our evening and will certainly be back. A lovely family restaurant.

• Visited August 2014

Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
“Debbie on front desk”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

The above lady on front desk was rude and not helpful from the time we dared enter the premises early. Food was lovely, waitress service lovely , lady named above rude!

• Visited August 2014
11 Thank Nibs61958
“Family Holiday”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I first came here with my parents the first time we came to Cornwall in 1987 when i was 9. My parents are with my again but this time so is my daughter who is 9. A generation along and still as fabulous. The owner still hard at work waiting tables. The food still extremely good and plentiful. The kids love being able to eat with their fingers too!
No holiday to Cornwall would be complete without a visit here. Unlike Flambards the Trewellard meadery is a cornish icon that has stood the test of time well.
Highly recommended.

“Perfect! ”
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

We are here as a family meal whilst in Cornwall. Having eaten at other Meaderys, this was another tick off the list. Delicious food, excellent service and even complements for my well behaved children from all the waitresses. My children were overjoyed by this comment! Well worth a visit!

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“UMM Chicken”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great place to eat (about a million times better than The North Inn just down the road).

When you have a simple menu, you have to deliver on the basics and this place certainly does. The half chicken seems to be the speciality and it's super crispy skin is complemented by the juicy chicken. Chips also good!

Only detractor was the Mississippi mud pudding which was brought in and quite a bizarre experience of weird textures and not much flavour. Best to stick to the specials which are probably homemade. Ice cream is also a safe bet and tasty as they do sundays (some of which I did try and was nice).

All in all good value and an interesting place to eat.

• Visited July 2014