“Really good value for money”
Review of The Slipway Restaurant & Bar - CLOSED

The Slipway Restaurant & Bar
Price range: US$6 - US$33
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Slipway offers Fine Dining each evening from 6.00 - 9.00pm in our upstairs dining room overlooking the harbour whilst we have Street Food form £3.50 per dish downstairs all served in a very friendly cosey atmosphere.
maidenhead
“Really good value for money”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

We want on the thus night £10 special steak deal. We were not expecting it to be that great but it was really lovely food and lovely staff.. Well done. We will be back next year !

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank gill52

Truro, United Kingdom
“Great little place”
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Brilliant , food fantastic quality and appearance. The plates of food they produce look too good to eat . Very reasonable prices for quality of food. Very friendly staff. A very pleasant dining experience and we will definitely come again soon.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank El1986
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Simply wonderful”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I've eaten once in the downstairs at discreetly intimate tables - champagne and street food - it was great; but then I took friends there for my birthday and we ate in the light upstairs dining room with fabulous views over the sea.. Excellent table service and presentation and probably the best food in a restaurant ever - we were all ecstatic and all had different dishes.I can't pigeon hole the menu as it was very original but never just flashy or silly - really delicious.
In some parts of the country this experience would cost far more so it's obviously not cheap - but great value, I'll certainly go again.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank judith123_11
St Ives, United Kingdom
“Somewhere special”
Reviewed 1 November 2013

My 88 year old mother was staying with me and I wanted somewhere "special" to take her for Sunday Lunch. I decided to try Slipways. I was not at all dissapointed. Upon arrival we had a very warm welcome from the exceptionally helpful staff. We were escorted to our table which had a wonderful view over Mount's Bay. Our roast beef arrived, superbly cooked and beautifully presented along with a plentyful selection of seasonal vegetables. This was followed up with, for me, the best Sticky Toffee pudding I have ever tasted and my Mother has never stopped talking about the superb Champagne Sorbet and berries that she selected. I would certainly recommend Slipways for Sunday Lunch and I intend to pay another visit - very soon.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank Peter G
Nelson, New Zealand
“Good food, good atmosphere”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We chanced on this restaurant on a drizzly evening, sat downstairs in a little alcove and thorougly enjoyed a selection of delicious and nicely presented 'street food' with a glass or two of wine and beer. The service was efficient and staff members were pleasant. It's not cheap but prices are in keeping with the restaurant. The fresh decor was a nice change from low beams and historical clutter. We'd love to try it again on a sunny day so we could enjoy the views upstairs.

• Visited October 2013