“Lovely Atmosphere Lovely Food”

Trengwainton Tearooms
Ranked #19 of 189 Restaurants in Penzance
Price range: US$8 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 8 September 2013

After a lovely walk through the gardens, we decided to stop for some lunch. There's a lovely outside area, you can rent a picnic blanket or there are some garden games to keep the kids entertained. I had a lovely sandwich, but unfortunately the wasps had a go at my iced tea before i could drink any of it. The cafe has a nice relaxed atmosphere. A lot of the herbs and vegetables are from their own gardens. I'd definitely come back to the tea rooms on my next Cornish holiday.

2  Thank Isobel P

Reviewed 23 August 2013

And we're talking about a lot of cream teas! We were on our way to "Nampara" (Poldark fans will understand) and stopped here by chance as we passed it on our way. There is a free car park and from here you walk into a quintessentially English walled country garden where you can sit either outside or in. We did start outside but had to come inside due to the enormous amount of wasps, obviously not the tea room's fault. The afternoon tea is served on lovely cake stands and includes delicious sandwiches, a variety of cakes to say nothing of the scones which were magnificent. I can't comment on the other food in the cafe but if the teas are anything to go by, then you should be onto a winner.

1  Thank cakewithaview
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Very nice food in lovely surroundings, I particularly like the fact that they offer rugs to sit on if you'd rather that to a table,

Reviewed 30 July 2013

This place is ideal for families with kids and especially for people who can't walk far as the free car park is so close.
The beautiful walled garden has toys, picnic rugs and lots of outdoor seating and the restaurant serves excellent food, a lot of which is sourced from the garden itself. Absolutely delicious lasagne, flans, soups, salads and cakes to die for!
Highly recommended

1  Thank Pianoalice
Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stopped here for some lunch after visiting the gardens. It was a dull day with rain in the air and we had to sit outside as the tea room was full to the rafters and had very limited space. That said, the outdoor seating is extensive and cannot be blamed for the weather!

We had sandwiches, drinks and cakes which were tasty, fresh and well presented. There was plenty to choose from. I do think it's a little overpriced though, nearly £7 for a houmous sandwich! If we hadn't been on holiday I would never have paid that. Still, it hit the spot and it's obviously a popular venue so the prices obviously don't put everyone off.

I'd just say go early if you want to sit inside on a rainy day.

1  Thank winter-st*r