“Most amazing food” 5 of 5 bubbles

Thirtyfive
Price range: US$6 - US$22
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: Thirtyfive, a new cafe/ restaurant added to the scene of Penzance, you will always be assured of a warm welcome. Come and join us, whether it is for a delicious meal, a relaxing coffee or one of our speciality cocktails to start your night.
Penzance, United Kingdom
“Most amazing food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013

Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, you cannot go wrong with ThirtyFive. The chief has a huge passion for food, even the burger buns are homemade and the sandwiches are works of art. I make a point of visiting this restaurant at least twice a week.

• Visited October 2013

Cornwall, England
“Sensational Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2013

We have eaten at 35 several times since it reopened under new ownership.
Using their obvious creative flair,the new owners have created a wonderfully relaxing and stylish atmosphere. The beautiful lights, candles and mirrors along with other unique decorative touches make this the perfect place to enjoy the sensational food.
The menu has something for everyone, including daily specials.The ribeye steak was amazing, cooked to perfection with a wonderfully seasoned peppercorn sauce and perfectly stacked chunky chips. An amazing spectacle, stacked like a Jenga tower!
Save room for dessert! The sticky toffee pudding is gigantic, the vanilla crème brulee with fresh berries is gorgeous and my favourite Poached peach and strawberry panna cotta is too good for words! (Please note I didn't eat all of the desserts in one visit).The food is beautiful presented by a chef with great skill and creative flair.
The staff are all so warm and friendly, making you feel that nothing is too much trouble.
35 is perfect for just a coffee, lunch, an evening meal or just a drink at the bar. Well worth a visit.

• Visited September 2013
London, United Kingdom
“great place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

We ate here several times during our family holiday in Penzance. It was by far the best food we had, and we ate out a lot as it's my holiday from cooking too!

The menu is different in the evening to the daytime. Lunch offerings are varied - my children loved the burgers and fantastic hand cut chips, I had an amazing pork belly sandwich. Coffee is great too.

At dinner the menu is more complex and imaginative with 3 or so specials alongside the core menu. There is always local fish on offer. We went with friends and their children so sampled quite a few of the menu items including fish, steaks, chicken and kids menu items. Everything was wonderful and the kids menu items were very reasonably priced and the portion sizes are really generous. My friends had the rib-eye steak and fish (halibut I think) with chick peas. My partner needed a slight change to his chosen dish and the chef could not have been more helpful and accommodating. The staff were lovely.

We took other friends back the next night - great quality and flavour again.

It was busy during the day but quieter in the evenings, perhaps because it is newish. It's not cheap, especially in the evening but it is worth it

Well worth a visit, a great place.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
London, United Kingdom
“35 stars”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

We were down in this part of Cornwall because my daughter was appearing in a play at the Minack Theatre in Porthcurnow. It was lunchtime and we, my wife, grand kids, son-in law and yours truly, were looking for something more than the ubiquitous pasty and chips. Penzance high street did not look that promising, until we walked into Market Place and saw the a-board for 35. It's smart and contemporary interior and smartly dressed staff made an instant impression, but what really impressed was the menu. We all had something different, I had a spicy thai green curry, and my son-in-law went into raptures over his belly pork. The choice for the kids was excellent, well cooked and the big, fat chips were very nickable. In a lighthearted exchange with the charming waitress it was mentioned that it was my wife's birthday, low and behold 5 minutes after we'd finished our meals she showed up with a delicious sticky toffee pudding, creatively decorated with a spun sugar nest and a candle, courtesy of the chef. This is a great little find, my compliments to the chef, Nick Vissar and his charming staff, 5 stars barely do it justice.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank johnandshelaghjessup
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Amazing food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2013

We visited 35 this week, the food was gorgeous! It was our first visit, and when we are next in Cornwall we will definately visit agian. I had T-Bone steak (medium rare) with blue cheese sauce, honestly the best meal I have eaten in years. All totally home cooked, didn't want it to ever finish! Well worth a visit if you enjoy proper cooking at reasonable prices.