“BRILLIANT”

Ranked #71 of 190 Restaurants in Penzance
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed for 2 nights. Staff were very welcoming and food service was brilliant. Room was a bit weird as the floors were not level but enjoyed our stay.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely local pub in small village immediately opposite the churc. Recently refurbished and nicely done. 4 letting rooms nicely finished and furnished - Room 1 family room our room 4 was small but had everything needed and again was nicely decorated with ensure shower room.
Arrived evening before a party after a 7 hour journey and feeling 'dry' . Unfortunately on arrival we were given a number 235 which I took to be a room number - no to my surprise it was a request for payment ! We hadn't been in the bar for even 5 minutes let alone had any refreshment or seen the room.
I think we were so surprised that my husband paid it - although I did query why as I haven't come across this before and we were booked in for 3 nights alone with others attending the party.
The following evening a group of 12 plus a baby had dinner and it was very good. Good menu and very good service with reasonable prices.
Next morning we had breakfast which was cooked to order and had a choice of smoked fish - I assumed haddock but it was salmon with scrambled eggs which I did not have.
Breakfast is served within a limited time frame of 715- 945 so we had to be up.
The breakfast and room service was very good and personal with the young lady being especially helpful.
We took a small train ride locally into St Ives along the coast which was great and quite busy especially the ride home. Trains run every half hour.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

When we arrived there was a slight hiccup, which was handled very professionally by staff and management.
Our room was wonderful. Super comfy bed and the facilities in the room were outstanding.
The location is excellent. We stayed 4 nights and did many of the attractions in the area.
Fantastic easy parking.
We chose to eat here each night as the quality of the locally sourced ingredients and freshly cooked meals were excellent.
While we were staying we met the owners and they were just downright good people.
A particular mention needs to be made of 3 staff. Mac who helped us upon arrival. Rachael, who was a very lovely wait staff person, watching her people skills was delightful. And Vicky who was lovely each morning and made our room into a haven to come home to after a day of sight seeing.
Do yourself a favour and stay at this wonderful accomodation, you won't be disappointed.
If you can't stay then have a meal, you won't regret it.

Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Food and service was amazing, really kind and lovely people always happy to be around. All the best to all of the staff. Jan and berkay x

Reviewed 4 June 2018

We visited the Kings Arms for a second time and stayed 5 nights as my wife was attending the Newlyn School of Art, we arrived at Paul to a newly decorated Kings Arms.
All the staff were first rate and the food was to die for, the fish was the best so fresh and expertly prepared and cooked by the chef. I had to while away my days fishing (hard work) and returned my catch to the chef who very kindly prepared and cooked it for my meal that evening, the food is restaurant standard not pub grub which we are used to at the pub chains .
Special thank you to Vicky for being so cheerful and efficient at breakfast.
You can always find negatives BUT with a wonderful location, plenty of parking, amazing staff, great accommodation and food that was cooked to order not just microwaved (WITH A SPECIALS BOARD CHANGED EVERY NIGHT).
We will return and recommend to others, Arthur