“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Blue Seas Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Blue Seas Hotel
Ranked #10 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Melbourne, Australia
“As good as it gets”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 September 2011

We stayed at Blue Seas in early September after researching their web site and TA. We couldn't have been happier. We have stayed in B and B's in many places and I feel I can say, with some authority, that this is as good as it gets. Fiona and Arnaud are professional in their approach to their business. They understand that they are in the business of hospitality. They have very high standards and their attention to detail is impressive. Everything that needs to be said in relation to the comfort, location, INCREDIBLE BREAKFASTS and helpfulness has already been said by other posters.
If I was thinking of opening a B and B this is the model I would use.
Thankyou Fiona and Arnaud for a memorable stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank garybMelbourne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2011

The rooms are large and very clean. The beds were very comfortable with a down comforter. The breakfast is as good as you can get at a Five Star restaurant. Highly recommended.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank kopyman
New Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

Everything about this hotel was beautiful: the room, garden, view of the harbor. The couple running it were friendly and very helpful. Breakfast was exceptionally well-prepared with many choices. I had the Full English breakfast one morning and the mini-Full English the other two mornings. The full breakfast provided more food than I needed. The mini-breakfast had fewer sausages but all else. These breakfasts were not at all greasy. (It has been my experience that English breakfast can be quite greasy.) Lovely toiletries in the room and all very clean.

One drawback is that this small hotel is about 1/2 mile from the train station and bus depot. The walk is, however, along the harbor.

I would absolutely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank marig48
Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

I had a wonderful 5 days holiday in Penzance, and this nice cozy B&B played an important role towards my great experience. This is the place I looked forward to return at the end of my each day travelling in Cornwall. My single room was very compact, but when you are travelling alone what more would you really need apart from a comfy bed and a hot shower? The home baked treats were the little surprises that I couldn't wait to unveil after being out all day. I'm not a cake/biscuits person and I only tried one bite because I stayed up too late and was starving. Since then I'd finish the whole pack everyday within the first 10 minute getting back in my room. The spacious living room and good selection of books and magazines kept me entertained when I wanted to stay in and relax my aching legs (from too much walking and mountain climbing) a bit. Excellent central location, walking distance to train/bus, local pubs and shops. The breakfast, freshly made with love, the perfect way to start a day. I have to say given the price I paid for, Blue seas has exceeded my expectation for a B & B in every possible way, and Fiona & Arnaud were so kind and helpful as everyone has already mentioned. You just have to go there and experience it for yourself.

Room Tip: sea view rooms available..
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank skywatcher320
Providence, RI
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2011

The hospitality of Fiona and Arnaud combines really savvy intelligence and sound advice as well as generosity and kindness. When I think of the virtues of this small hotel, I recall the pains they take with cleanness, the beautiful restraint exercised in tasteful decoration of the house, and all the nice little touchces such as home baked treats in the rooms. And the splendid breakfasts, beautifully presented and so carefully prepared are a special mark of honor for Blue Seas.

It was a real treat to stay there. Our trip was a great pleasure, in large part because we had such a splendid accommodation.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank patrick040
birmingham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2011

Fantastic place. Beautiful location just off the sea front and close walk into town. Fiona and Arnaud are both lovely and very helpful. Arrived to a cream tea in the lovely lounge. car parking available and a fantastic breakfast - beautiful selection to choose from and a whole range of cooked items available. Would not have any hesitations about recommending!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank surfcornwall889
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

My father and I stayed at Blue Seas for six nights on a father-daughter trip to England in August 2011. Our experience could not have been nicer--everything was splendid. The owners of Blue Seas, Arnaud and Fiona, run a top-quality bed and breakfast with true professionalism. They greeted us at the start of our stay by offering tea and scones to us, weary travelers who had just flown from Massachusetts to London overnight and then taken a five-hour train ride from London. Our room was comfortable, tastefully decorated, clean, and contained all the amenities one might need, plus baked goods left for us daily by Fiona. Breakfast was fabulous every morning with more delicious choices than one could imagine on the menu and a bountiful buffet spread in addition. There was something for everyone--and Fiona and Arnaud were always ready to accommodate any special dietary needs. We received lots of great advice from our hosts about local places to eat, public transport schedules, and attractions. They were able to provide us with timetables, brochures, and lots of great insight into the Penzance and greater Cornwall area. We couldn't have been more pleased with our stay. We would definitely highly recommend Blue Seas to anyone visiting Penzance.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family