“Home from home”

Ranked #7 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Martock
“Home from home”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I have stayed here before and can't fault it. The house is spotlessly clean, the rooms large and airy and the beds very comfortable. There is always flowers in the room and toiletries in the bathroom and the tea and coffee is always kept topped up. Russell and Hazel are most gracious hosts with Russell cooking and Hazel serving the breakfasts which are excellent with a good choice. They are very friendly and welcoming and nothing is too much trouble for them.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter. Rooms at the front have the morning Sun and a nice view of the roa...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Bologna, Italy
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The owner is very kind and welcoming.
Her home is nice, cozy and well kept.
The room was very clean. Maybe the bed was a bit small, but it does not matter.
The building is located a few minutes walk from Penzance beautiful waterfront and very easy to reach from the main roads. Free parking on the road is easy to find (at least in april...).
Breakfast food and room are very good.
Would recommend it, and would come back again!!! :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Olgulishius
West Midlands, UK
Reviewed 21 May 2013

First of all... I would like to say a special thank you to Russell and Hazel who made our weekend stay in Penzance most enjoyable. They're a really lovely couple and I would highly recommend staying at The Pendennis if you're visiting the area. They're super efficient and conscientious whilst making you feel relaxed and cared for! Couldn't have asked for more.

I booked tickets to see KT Tunstall at the Minack Theatre for Friday 17th May 2013, and upon searching laterooms.com for reasonably priced B&B's nearby I came across The Pendennis. Very good value for money, and I'm so happy I booked 2 nights here.

We're a young couple in our late 20's, and we stayed in room number 4 on the front of the house.

Upon arrival we managed to get a parking space right outside which was great... we could see that there were plenty of areas to park further down the road and we didn't have any problems with parking whatsoever throughout our stay.

The lovely Hazel greeted us and another young couple who arrived at the same time and she showed us to our rooms. Wow... I loved our room! It had plenty of space with a lovely big double bed. This is always a test for us as my partner is 6"3 and he always complains about the length of beds... but this was the best we've slept in and it was super comfy.

Beautiful colour scheme in the room with a sofa, dressing table, TV, large mirror, small table with 2 chairs and fantastic large bay windows. We were blessed with fantastic sunshine the whole time, but this room would look beautiful whatever the weather outside. En suite bathroom looked brand new, everything was super clean and the shower was great. It does make a whistling noise when in use but this didn't bother us at all as we appreciate a good power shower in a B&B, especially in such a lovely large house like The Pendennis.

Provided with clean towels and fresh bed linen which felt like new. I really don't like stopping in B&B's where you can imagine other people using everything, but this room was spotless and it felt like our own.

Filled out our order forms for cooked breakfasts for the following morning which I find very efficient as it shows the owners care about the service they offer and also don't want to waste food. We had a full English both mornings and Russell did a fab job... excellent breakfasts served on time and just how we like them too! I don't drink tea or coffee which always seems to cause problems like you wouldn't believe, but I was happy to see that they provide water in the rooms as well as juices for breakfast. Cereals and fresh fruits are also available which you very rarely come across in a B&B, along with freshly made bread. Super duper!

They have all bases covered here and we certainly didn't have any complaints. Hazel made us feel right at home... they're both lovely friendly people and we enjoyed a good natter after breakfast with them. Hazel recommended a great pub (Admiral Benbow) and restaurant (Tolcarne) nearby which were perfect for us!

This B&B is by far the best I have stayed in and I would not hesitate booking here again.

Chiang Mai, Thailand
Reviewed 19 May 2013

A really friendly guest house. It is absolutely immaculate. Russel and Hazel are helpful and considerate of their guests. I would recommend to anyone seeking a relaxing stay and who like nice people and good conversation over breakfast!

SW England
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I booked my room at The Pendennis via email and got a friendly confirmation and response. On arrival there was a warm welcome and I was quickly shown to my room. The guest house is maintained to a high standard and run expertly and efficiently. The room are bright and well laid out with everything that would expect.
Located close to the sea front and a short walk from the town center with plenty of free, on-street parking outside. Rooms have adequate tea and coffee facilities, and have free wi-fi fo those whop need it.
The Pendennis is one of the best run guest houses I have ever stayed in and I can highly recommend ti.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Silchester_John
Woking, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Just returned from a wonderfull stay at the Pendennis. The room was bright, comfortable, and spotlessly clean and the cooked breakfast was excellent.
The owners were friendly and helpful, and went out of their way to make sure that the guests were comfortable and welcome.
The Guest House is 10 minutes from the centre of Penzance, or slightly further if you chose to walk along the promenade, and is also a similar distance from the fishing harbour at Newlyn.

For the energetic, Marazion (for St MIchael's Mount) is about 3 miles walk to the East along a flat path, and the stunning village of Mousehole a similar distance to the West along the South West Costal Path.
Land's End and the amazing MInack theatre are both easily accessible by car or public transport

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Wyong, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2013

We had a beautiful spacious room on the first floor with a lovely bay window, lovely little touches and it felt totally luxurious.Very good breakfast, friendly hosts, what's not to like? We even corresponded before we arrived with Russell about some other advice around the area and that was no problem at all. Would absolutely stay there again if I found myself back in Penzance.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple