“Very friendly, helpful and welcoming”
Review of Bay Lodge

Bay Lodge
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
Bay Lodge
Ranked #29 of 81 Penzance B&B and Inns
Slovenia
“Very friendly, helpful and welcoming”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I have just returned from a 5 night stay at Bay Lodge in Penzance. The owners, Neville and Jenny, were really helpful, welcoming, friendly and accommodating. I went to walk on parts of the South West Coast Path and they lent me a map and helped with advice on getting to/from starts and ends of walks using public transport and where best to go etc.

I slept in the single room, which is a good size, as often single rooms can be pokey. It was very clean. On first arriving I was a little alarmed as the building is set quite close to the road, and it appeared to be a very busy road and I'm a very light sleeper. However, it wasn't really an issue at all as the traffic died down at night and I slept even better than usual - all that sea air!!

I arrived on the night sleeper from London Paddington and Bay Lodge is very convenient to reach from Penzance station, just a few minutes walk. It is also very convenient for catching buses as the bus station is adjacent to the train station. The town centre, shops, restaurants etc. are also only minutes away.

So all in all, it made a great base and even better due to being made to feel at home.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank AdeleinSlovenia

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Plymouth
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Bay Lodge, lovely clean room, spotless modern en-suite shower room and a excellent fresh cooked breakfast. Easy walking distance to the Railway and Bus stations which are in the Town Centre. Very friendly hosts made for a really enjoyable stay. Highly recommended, we will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
England
Reviewed 24 June 2013

Cleanest bedroom I have ever stayed in. Friendly efficient booking process. Provided a superb early breakfast to enable me to catch ferry to Scilly. Excellent recommendation for dinner and a silent comfortable night. Looking forward to returning when the opportunity arises.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank JohnHEngland
Lundy Island
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Stayed here for two nights, one each on my trip to, & return from Scillies ... All I wanted was a good, quiet, clean & welcoming B&B, no whistles and bells ... Bay Lodge delivered on all counts AND do a really good breakfast.

My only gripe is that they have a large world map inside the front door where visitors are invited to place a pin on their 'point of origin' ... There were SO many pins that I had trouble placing one on where I live and work, Lundy Island ... If you're not sure whether to book this place or not, just do it ... I doubt there is better value for money in this town ... (and if you happen to live in the middle of Russia, Peru or Canada, your pin will stand out more than mine) ...

Room Tip: Can't comment regarding rooms - had two different rooms for one night each - both excellent.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Stayed here last week for 4 days. Room was nice and modern, well kept and spacious.
Breakfast was nice. Neville was a really helpful host, full of local tips and hints to help us have a great stay. Would definitely stay here again!

Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

bay lodge is a fantastic bed n breakfast it is spotlessly clean rooms are very cosy we went with our son, the single room has a lovely little balcony to sit out and have a morning coffee looking out to sea We was in the double room and we also had a lovely sea view we was there for two weeks ,the breakfasts were exellent neville and jenny are two of the nicest people you will ever meet they are very noligable about the area as well so if you want a b&b in cornwall make sure you visit bay lodge first.

Room Tip: all room are good because they all have a good sea view
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank michael p
Detmold, Germany
Reviewed 16 August 2012

Went to Cornwall in late July, it was my first trip completely on my own. Neville and Jenny made me very welcome from the first moment on. My room was very nice, with everything I needed. Breakfast was excellent, a great start into the day. The town was a short walk away, as was a supermarket and the beach. As the weather was very good, I was able to walk to Marazion and Mousehole. Public transport is very good, which I appreciated because I didn´t have a car. Buses/trains go to St Ives, Truro, Falmouth etc. There is also a bus going up the coast so one can see some of the area.Visiting the Scillies from Penzance can be done by boat.
Neville and Jenny were very helpful at all times and also very patient. I didn´t need to go to the tourist Information, as they knew everything about the area. It was always nice to have a chat, especially about the Olympics.......
So- thumps up- would love to go there again!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo