“Great stay!”

Ranked #12 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Los Angeles, California
“Great stay!”
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I would highly recommend The Torwood House to anyone who is going to Panzance. The owners are quite gregarious and knowledgeable about the surrounding area. The accomodations are very comfortable and the food was delicious. When we left, we had to leave quite early because of a long drive so we missed breakfast. We asked the owners, Steve and Lynda if they could wrap up a couple of rolls for the road. When we left, they had our 'rolls' all wrapped, up waiting for us. We had enough for a breakfast AND lunch! There was fruit, cheese, rolls, juice, and muffins. It was fantastic!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
leeds, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

From arriving at Torwood house hotel Linda couldnt do enough for us, very welcoming. The room was clean, warm and had everything you could need. The breakfast was cooked by her husband and was amazing. There was a large group of us and we wouldnt hesitate to stay here again. Thanks so much for a very enojyable say. See you soon. The Freeborns and Stevens

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We stayed here for one night, whilst visiting Penzance. The owner was very welcoming, the house was warm, the bed was comfortable and the breakfast was lovely! Would stay here again. The bedrooms were clean as were the en suite, though I was hoping for a bath rather than a shower! Hot drink facilities were in the bedrooms and although we had only booked for a double room, there were one double and two singles in the room we stayed in. Overall though it was very pleasant.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
horowhenua
Reviewed 17 October 2012

as we were first time travellers two women travelling together with heavy suitcases, the husband of the owner and their son carried our suitcases up and down two flights of stars to our room.
They were very friendly great food ,clean bathroom with dry towells everyday ,good beds we would not hesitate to stay here again and would recommend the hotel to future travellers.

Room Tip: higher floors less noise ,ensuite
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 October 2012

Stayed September 2012 and was fortunate with the weather. Having left the rather dull High Street of Penzance I managed to find the place fairly easily (within 12 minutes walk along the promenade). Staying here will have you within 3 minutes walk from a beautiful sea view. Very efficient greeting from Linda, keys handed over quickly, straight out to enjoy the rest of the day.
Room good, larger bathroom than expected, good tea making facilities, quality biscuit, no fresh fruit as mentioned in an earlier review.
This is a mature townhouse so expect floorboards to creak and hot water to take half a minute to arrive. Overall the building was fun and honest.
Breakfast well above average: Cereals and OJ, 4 or 5 choices of cooked breakfast. Tomatoes fresh, mushrooms tinned!
On leaving plenty of local advice.
I liked it!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Had the pleasure of two stays at Torwood House on my way to & back from the Isles of Scilly. A couple of months ago when I phoned to book, I was struck by the welcoming attitude of Lynda and my arrival confirmed this warm welcome. The guesthouse is cosy, comfortable and spotlessly clean, in a nice quiet road with plenty of parking. They really have thought of everything in the rooms for guests comfort, a generous tea tray, bottled water, hairdryer, cushions to lay back on whilst watching TV, WiFi, very comfortable beds, armchairs, plenty of storage, great shower with hand wash, shampoo, shower gel etc. I also loved that the shower was fitted with a sturdy and useful shelf unit where you can put all your own toiletries, rather than having to precariously balance them on the edge of the bath or shower tray. The breakfast was fantastic, a great array of cereals, orange juice, fresh fruit, cheeses, cold meats, croissants plus an extensive menu of hot breakfast dishes cooked to order and served with toast, proper butter, selection of jams, honey, nutella, marmite and cafetieres of very nice coffee. The guesthouse also welcomes dogs, which is essential for my family as we don't go away without our very well-behaved Golden Retriever! Lynda was also kind enough to allow me to leave my bags at the guesthouse after I had checked out, whilst I explored Penzance for a couple of hours before departing. All in all, I can't recommend Torwood House enough and wished I could have stayed longer. I will definitely stay there next time I'm in Penzance :-)

Room Tip: There are a lot of stairs in the property, so if you have any mobility issues, request a lower room...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Penzance
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Whils't I am local to Penzance, I had the privilege of staying for a couple of Nights at The Torwood House Hotel (B&B).
The Hosts, Steve and Lynda, are a delightful couple who make you feel at Home. No wonder that they keep getting repeat bookings. Rooms are super. The place is immaculate.
Breakfast, a pure delight. Choice incredible. As far as I am concerned,, it is the best value B&B in the area. 'Uncle' Rob Harding.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo