“You won't find a better welcome!”
Review of The Tremont

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Penzance
The Tremont
Ranked #14 of 84 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 July 2012

We have stayed many times at the Tremont, and will continue to in the future. The welcome you receive is fantastic, the rooms are large, well fitted and quiet. The breakfast is possibly the best I've had anywhere. Anything you want cooking, just ask!

If you're a tourist, the location is great to get in to the centre of Penzance, or a 2 minute walk to the sea front.

If eating out, make sure you try out Thai Moon at the end of the road near the front!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 16 July 2012

Very friendly guest house, fabulous breakfast all locally sourced, great location, great price.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2012

A great location, very close to the sea! We stayed in one of the double en suite rooms, which was spacious, spotless and had all the essentials (towels, hairdryer, toiletries, tea, coffee etc). En suite was compact but well equiped with a lovely shower which again was very clean. The owner Chris was extremely friendly, welcoming and very helpful throughout our stay. A yummy breakfast every morning, all local produce and very tasty. A wonderful guesthouse, great value for money, highly recommended, we would definately stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 June 2012

Being greeted at the door by name was just the start of a superbly comfortable stay of six nights. Chris's establishment is warm and welcoming, relaxed and friendly. Clean comfortable rooms are fully serviced daily and the breakfasts rightly deserve their recent awards - local produce where possible with ample choice and special needs cheerfully catered for. Tremont is an easy stroll from central Penzance and an excellent base for touring the region by car, bus or on foot. It is a few steps from the Lands End bus stop, 600 metres from the South West Coast Path and less than 10 minutes' walk to a selection of evening meal options around town. Safe on-street parking available outside or within 200 metres. Very highly recommended and surely the best value for money in town.

Room Tip: Email Chris for a personal response to any enquiry. Be aware that entry is up several stone steps r...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2012

I stayed in one of the ensuite single rooms. It was small but perfectly formed and had everything I needed. I was facing the "main" road as well and noise was basically non-existent.

The breakfast was great (all local produce) and Chris (the owner) even got up early bless her on the first day as I needed to get across to Newlyn early.

She is really knowledgeable of the area and helps out, nothing is ever too much trouble. She even let me leave my bag on my leaving date so I could go for a long hike without it weighing me down!

Chris is also a member of the Cornwall Wildlife Trust and actively promotes recycling and greener living.

At £76 for two nights (single room, single occupancy with breakfast) I think it's a bargain. She's only a 5 minute walk to the promenade and about 10 minutes to the Quay/Harbour where there are some cracking pubs - can recommend the Dock Inn if you like seafood. Penzance town centre is only about 20 minutes walk as well. Loved it, didn't want to leave!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 May 2012

We have stayed at this hotel every time we visited Penzance and we are extremely pleased with the overall experience. The owner is very friendly, but professional and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast is very good and Chris went out of her way to cater for my dietary needs (wheat free bread, organic eggs, etc.)
The location is perfect, quiet but close to local restaurants and pubs. The rooms are spotlessly clean and the lounge is one of the nicest we have seen in any B&B hotels we have stayed, with a wooden floor and many original Victorian features.
We would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thank you Chris for another lovely stay!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed here twice this month, first time was for a job interview in town. I had travelled by train for nine hours and was shattered when arrived late at night. I was welcomed by the owner who was very smiley and friendly and made me feel right at home. My room and en-suite was spotless and very comfortable with everything I needed. In the morning I had another cheery welcome and was served a beautiful cooked breakfast (vegetarian). I was wished lots of luck for my interview when I left! A few days later I returned with my family to view some houses. The owner was away but we met two members of staff that were equally friendly, welcoming and helpful. I had a different, bigger room and en-suite which again, was spottless and cosy with everything we needed. Staff congratulated me on getting the job which was lovely! Again, beautiful breakfast and advice on local schools for my children when leaving! We really enjoyed our stay and would definately return - and recommend to any family and friends coming to visit us! We also liked that the prices were very reasonable. Also very short walk to sea and to town.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family