“Great place to stay”
Review of Warwick House

Warwick House
Ranked #2 of 82 Penzance B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 July 2013

Super service, Great breakfasts and excellent central location. Made very welcome by Chris & Julie. Great sea view from our room. Tasteful furnishings and very good lounge. Clean. Just wish the bathrooms were a bit better soundproofed.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Warwick House was perfectly positioned for our visit to Penzance.
The room we had was lovely and it felt like home. Julie and Chris were very friendly and helpful.
Special mention to the wonderful cleaning ladies as our room was always perfectly serviced.
The view to the sea was nice and the breakfast and breakfast room was great.
It really was a relaxing stay.

Reviewed 12 July 2013

We had a day at the end of our walking holiday in Penzance with Chris and Julie. A beautiful and very tastefully updated town house with timeless Beken of Cowes photographs and a lovely room with a brilliant view out over the sea.

We were made so very welcome and being able to sit out and take tea and relax on the front terrace was lovely.

Breakfast was also absolutely delicious - a great end to a lovely holiday

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 July 2013

I chose Warwick house based on trip advisor reviews & their website. I was travelling alone on business. I was not disappointed in my choice. Prior to my stay there was very Good communication via email, although online booking would have been an advantage. My main requirements were car parking, and wifi, and I am pleased that I chose a hotel with parking as most of the streets were packed with cars. Upon arrival Christopher was very welcoming & friendly, offered to help with my luggage. I was placed in a lovely room, not huge but fine for one, i particularly appreciated the robe in room. There were good blackout curtains on the windows, the room was pitch black at night which helps with sleep. The room was spotlessly clean, there were 2 chairs, a dressing table, reading lights above the bed, the ensuite was lovely, the shower very easy to operate & the toiletries were lovely. the bag of fudge in the room was a nice touch, and there was a good choice of teas & coffee although no hot chocolate. Most importantly, the bed was very comfortable.
there was a wide choice of breakfast which you choose the night before, some people may prefer to choose in the morning but this meant that the morning went much more smoothly with everything ready for you. There were cereals, fruits, nuts, yogurts to choose from then arrived juice, my croissant & coffee followed by my full english. Everything was beautifully cooked, fresh flowers on the tables and the other guests were lovely, had all stayed longer than me and were all thrilled with their stay.
The guest lounge looked stunning with a computer, books & games for guests use. The wifi was great, completed my work that evening.
The only downsides, there were Some broken/wonky floorboards, in my room and in the entrance, i was unable to lock the window which felt slightly unsafe, the flush in the toilet was not very strong, needed to be pressed 2/3 times, the walls are thin, i could hear the people next door particularly when they used the bathroom and also in the hallway, I was by the stairs though which meant I heard everyone coming & going, perhaps a different room would have been quieter.
Having said that, I had a wonderful nights sleep and was not disturbed.
I had a church view room which I thought was lovely. Some may not like overlooking the churchyard, so that's something to be aware of. Most rooms in the house are sea view though and the advantage warwich house has over most other hotels along the front is that its car parking is in front and so the house is set back off the main road so if you do have a front room you would not get any traffic noise but would still get the fabulous view
At £75 this is the most expensive b&b I've stayed in as a single occupancy while travelling around the country, however it was lovely and I will return.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 3 July 2013

This is a really lovely B&B. The attention to detail is outstanding. Breakfast was one of the nicest we had during our week long visit to Cornwall. We had a beautiful sea view room and I liked the toiletries provided which were made by Scottish Fine Soaps and not your usual cheap toiletries. The location is excellent, close to many nice restaurants and has the added bonus of a car parking space. Would love to return for a longer stay sometime.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We have been fortunate to have travelled extensively over recent years and experienced a wide variety of accommodation. The Warwick is one of the best experiences we have had. Our lovely room which overlooked the sea, was spotlessly clean, very well appointed, lovely comfortable bed and stunning decor.

Julie and Chris are warm and friendly hosts, who obviously take pride in providing a top establishment.

Breakfast is a real treat, with some lovely choices and beautifully presented.

The location is great - an easy walk to Penzance sights and a good base to visit attractions in the area. Good car parking right at the front (in their own car park) is a real bonus.

There are plenty of nearby restaurants and pubs for an evening meal. I can highly recommend The Navy Inn - just a 2 minute walk away with superb food and service.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

I was absolutely delighted with my choice of Warwick House. The location was wonderful with a beautiful sea view, nice and quiet, but only a ten minute walk from the train and bus stations. My room was extremely comfortable, especially the bed. The breakfast menu was the best I have ever had, everything delicious, especially the pancakes with fruit! Chris and Julie couldn't have been more helpful telling me about the Dolphin for a meal and the open air double decker bus trip round to St. Ives (via Lands End)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Penzance
Hotel Penzance
#8 of 82 in Penzance
Trereife House
Trereife House
#4 of 82 in Penzance

Been to Warwick House? Share your experiences!