“Outstanding! ”

Price range: US$34 - US$43
Cuisines: French, Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Couch's Great House Restaurant is situated in the heart , on the river, of the quaint fishing village of Polperro. The Restaurant itself is an amalgam of Cornish old world charm with Macintosh influenced modern furnishings and wood burning style stoves, conducive for a comfortable, spacious and relaxed evening.
Reviewed 17 October 2017 via mobile

Being incredibly fussy about food, I wasn’t to hopeful ... how wrong was I.
The food was sensational, the service was fantastic.
The beetroot starter was out of this world. It was lovely to see the chef come out to talk to the guests which is a real treat.
I can not fault anything, the price is spot on.

1  Thank 820lorraine

Reviewed 14 October 2017

Had a fantastic night (10/10/2017) the staff where very pleasant and more than efficient , some of the best food we have had for a very long time . Every one of the five course's was fantastic just could not find fault with any of the food we had on the night . The Chef Richard came to talk to us during and after our meal which I thought was a nice touch . I will certainly go back again and tell all my friends and family to give it a go , only way I could finish this is to say " a fantastic place to go " .

2  Thank Bill L
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We experienced a wonderful dinner. The quality of the ingredients was excellent and the flavours and presentation of the dishes were brilliant. Thank you for going out of your way to accommodate our family.

1  Thank Anthony B
Reviewed 30 September 2017

Wonderful food in this great restaurant. Go for the 5 course set menu (£35 a head is a bargain) and you certainly will not be disappointed.

All the food is fresh and very, very tasty. The staff are friendly and helpful and the decor is lovely.

Possibly the best dining experience so fat this year and we certainly will return next year.

Highly, highly recommended.

2  Thank SamDaDog
Reviewed 28 September 2017

We were staying in nearby Looe and wanted to go somewhere different for our wedding anniversary and found Couch's (which we were informed by our taxi driver is pronounced "Cooches") having seen reviews on Trip Advisor. We would echo previous reviewers' feedback: the food is delicious and well presented and the service is warm and efficient. We went for the 5 course menu. The amuse bouche was a small cup of tomatoe soup which packed a punch of flavour and chilli heat. This was followed by a delightful plate of seared scallops and black pudding. The scallops were cooked to perfection: a slight crisp caramelised seared finish cutting through to succulent flesh. The black pudding was smooth and full of flavour. My main was duck breast: again cooked to perfection with the skin crisp and tasty. For dessert I had the chocolate plate which was very rich but the candied orange and strawberries cut through to tingle the taste buds. Can't wait to return!

1  Thank Kippur