“Cockles”
Review of The Chip Ahoy

The Chip Ahoy
Ranked #22 of 26 Restaurants in Polperro
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Great location on the harbour and only a few doors down to our cottage.
I only popped in for some cockles and lovely cockles they were!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I always end up back here when I dont want to eat out or cook at the cottage!
Is overpriced, small portions, But a last stop as the only take away in the village.
£4 for sausage and chips!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

Maybe it's because there is no competition or because they think that a captive audience will put up with anything. The portions are depressingly small. The fish is not well cooked. Simple frying with a minimum of attention is so easy. Why can't they do it here? The attitude to customers is worse than indifferent. Cannot recommend. Will not come back.

Reviewed 20 October 2013

For the last night of our holiday we decided to have some take away fish and chips our thinking being that as a fishing village the fish would be freshly caught if not that day then maybe day before how wrong we were. We walked in and was served straight away this should have been warning enough as it was a friday evening which is when most chippies are at their busiest, the place wasn't especially clean rather grimy in fact and the owner was a surly man im sure a smile wouldn't have hurt, the only good thing about this place is the food was hot, (hence the one rating) the chips looked and tasted like they had been cooked lunch time then kept warm and reheated, the fish tasted oily and not at all fresh not sure how this place keeps open although the expense of the meal may have something to do with this. Certainly wasn't the food or the charisma and ambience.

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My husband and I decided to come here because it was the cheapest we could find.I should've realised that it was empty for a reason!! My husband wanted pasty and chips and I had a plate of chips,slice of bread and 2 cappuccinos, whilst the food was average, chips were reheated and went from £1.75-£2.50 on bill . I tried to make conversation with the man but he wasn't interested, he wore dirty clothes and a grubby overall. There were 2 girls there who between them made the cappuccinos and looked bored out of their minds, swinging and kicking their feet and just put the drinks on the table and walked off without saying a word!! The man then proceeded to shove the plates on the table, service and atmosphere was dreadful,needless to say they didn't get a tip!! This upset the man because he didn't say bye,please don't waste your money!!