“A great weekend”
Review of Penryn House Hotel

Penryn House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Polperro
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently stayed in Penryn House while in Polperro for a wedding. Polperro is a beautiful place and the service at the hotel is brilliant, from check-in to check-out I was made to feel welcome. I booked the single room which although very small, is an excellent use of the available space. Breakfast is wonderful and I love the fact you get choices of tea, coffee, and hot chocolate in your room as well as bottled water. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be booking again if I visit Polperro in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank shazrawl

Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed for valentines night, was helluva storm, Anna advised us on te safest place to park the car, showed us our room, explained all that was needed to know and led us to it, which we loved, although she was always there if we needed her.
A lovely family run hotel, warm, cosy and very clean.
If I had to find a downside, I would be hard pushed but the only one is the wifi is only in the lounge, not in actual rooms, which for me was fine, for the wife a problem...

To sum it up,

Lovely, friendly, relaxed, comfortable, clean and inviting.. Will we return, you betcha..!!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank bold3rz
Reviewed 25 January 2014

We arrived on a wet and cold winters day, finding the location easily and were welcomes by Anna. She was a fantastic host and we were put at ease and were soon sent on our way with a list of places that were open. The room was well equipped with an ensuite and chairs near the window to look at the view. The breakfast was a great way to start the day. I would highly recommend the trip to Polperro and Penryn House Hotel as a must to stay.

Room Tip: The room was at the front of the hotel and we loved listening to the stream.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TracyH1
Reviewed 16 December 2013

I stayed here with my other half for 2 nights in November for a well deserved break away. We absolutely loved our stay and could not fault the hotel at all!

We stayed off season so a lot of shops in Polperro were closed but it made it that much nicer that we could stroll around without summer crowds and sit in the local pub by the fire and enjoy a quiet drink, the hotel is just a short walk from the main street and a short walk from the cliffs and had its own car park which was a bonus.

On arrival at the hotel we were told that we were the only guests! Anna gave us a lovely welcome and recommended a few nice restaurants and places to see, there are also loads of books and local magazines in the lounge area with information about Polperro and areas nearby.

The breakfast was amazing, my other half offended me saying it was the best breakfast he has ever had so I have a lot to live up to! Our room was also lovely, nice and cosy with a nice selection of tea/coffee/hot chocolate and a biscuit. It wasn't a large room like I expected for a deluxe room but it was nice.

We have decided to visit Cornwall again in the summer and Penryn House will definately be where we are staying! Thank you!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank EmYellow
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Travelling all around the UK for 6 weeks we found a few gems and Penryn Place was one of them. Anna and Chris were incredibly warm and accommodating and gave us great advice on where to eat, wash clothes, visit and how to get to places. The rooms were small especially with our large suitcases but we managed. The bathroom was clean as was the room and the breakfast was superb.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Larissa G
Reviewed 6 November 2013

We stayed here with our dog for 2 nights and found it very welcoming and friendly. Anna is an excellent host and was very helpful in suggesting places for us to visit with the dog. The rooms are warm, clean and comfortable, although the walls are thin, so if you're a light sleeper I would suggest ear plugs! Parking is available and although the space is restricted, it is fine if everyone uses the spaces properly. The breakfasts are lovely, lots of choice. We would definitely go back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank carrickgirl78
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I think this was our 5th or 6th visit. The rooms are not large but they are very comfortable and equipped with everything you need. There is a nice lounge downstairs with newspapers and books. The owners are very friendly and offer advice on the best places to eat and drink in the town. They also serve a brilliant breakfast.
The location of the hotel is very convenient being halfway between the public car park/main road and the harbour, and without the very steep walks required for many places in Polperro.
The hotel has the added bonus of on site parking.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Vanessa H
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polperro
The Claremont Hotel
#1 of 3 in Lostwithiel
Portbyhan Hotel
Portbyhan Hotel
#3 of 7 in Looe

Been to Penryn House Hotel? Share your experiences!