“Good value”
Review of Penryn House Hotel

Penryn House Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Polperro
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Good value. Rooms clean and modern. Breakfast had good Selection of juices, teas and freshly brewed coffee. Plenty of hot and cold food options all of which were fine. Lounge/bar area in need of modernisation. Land lady finicky and over particular. Regardless a good value B&B in a great location.

2  Thank Carrick87
AnnaPidcock, Owner at Penryn House Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review - we are glad you found us value for money, modern, clean and enjoyed our breakfast selection. All things a good b&b should be!

Your comment about our lounge is surprising, however. It is clean, comfortable and cosy and is decorated to reflect the Victorian era, with all the modern day niceities - wi-fi, central heating and lighting!

I do, however, take issue with your comment about me.

It's not very nice to personally insult me, unless, of course, you weren't! As you did not expand on your comment, I cannot defend myself. I would describe myself as professional, courteous, friendly, accommodating and my other guests describe me very well in their lovely reviews.

Perhaps you should think twice before commenting on somebody's character without explaining why in future - it's very upsetting.

There are newer reviews for Penryn House Hotel

Reviewed 19 April 2014

We stayed here for 1 night in April 2014 whilst walking the SWCP.
Polperro is a lovely port village, with much more to it than the purely picture-postcard near neighbour Mevagissey.
Our hosts at Penryn House provided a lovely warm and friendly welcome to their hotel which was pleasantly decorated, clean, and spacious. Our room was fine though I suspect they had larger ones. Service from the owners was perfect.
For some Coastal Path walkers it may be a drawback that it is located at the back of the village but it is well worth any extra yardage.
We enjoyed our stay which we found very relaxing and we would readily stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tim C
Reviewed 12 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived Friday and have enjoyed 2 lovely nights in polperro! This hotel has parking which not many has, the hosts are lovely and very welcoming! Breakfast is very nice and sets you on your way for the day! Rooms are modern and clean! I would 100% stay here again! Thanks a lot

1  Thank Obimick
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The Penryn House is located a stones throw from the beautiful harbour at Polperro. The hotel itself is very well maintained, clean and comfortable. Breakfast is excellent and I would recommend the scrambled eggs and smoked salmon. Hosts Anna and Chris are very welcoming and are able to offer good advise re the locality. I wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tess W
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Decided to go back to Penryn Hotel last weekend. Been there several times over recent years but had not stayed there for 18 months. We arrived and were pleased to find that nothing had changed. Still great hosts (Anna & Chris) , great location , great room and great breakfast. We must not leave it so long before our next stay !

Reviewed 27 March 2014

I recently stayed in Penryn House while in Polperro for a wedding. Polperro is a beautiful place and the service at the hotel is brilliant, from check-in to check-out I was made to feel welcome. I booked the single room which although very small, is an excellent use of the available space. Breakfast is wonderful and I love the fact you get choices of tea, coffee, and hot chocolate in your room as well as bottled water. I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be booking again if I visit Polperro in the future.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank shazrawl
Reviewed 6 March 2014

We stayed for valentines night, was helluva storm, Anna advised us on te safest place to park the car, showed us our room, explained all that was needed to know and led us to it, which we loved, although she was always there if we needed her.
A lovely family run hotel, warm, cosy and very clean.
If I had to find a downside, I would be hard pushed but the only one is the wifi is only in the lounge, not in actual rooms, which for me was fine, for the wife a problem...

To sum it up,

Lovely, friendly, relaxed, comfortable, clean and inviting.. Will we return, you betcha..!!

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank bold3rz
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polperro
The Claremont Hotel
Portbyhan Hotel
Portbyhan Hotel
#3 of 7 in Looe
Hannafore Point Hotel

Been to Penryn House Hotel? Share your experiences!