“amazing holiday”

Seaview Holiday Village
Reviewed 23 September 2013

very nice staff had a really nice time captain crumble made both my childrens holiday would recommend to any one with a family booked for next year now 4 th year in a row cant wait to go back caravan was clean and in excellent condition

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
SeaviewPolperro, Owners' Assistant at Seaview Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Thank you for writing your review. We were glad to see that you have enjoyed yet another holiday at Seaview. See you next year!

Reviewed 22 September 2013

stayed September 7th 2013 for a week.
Booked the new coronation caravan number 144 and already you can see the signs of bad housekeeping.
Firstly let me praise the park for what they do best.
Staff welcoming and helpful, entertainment very good with the captain(captain crumble) holding the ship together with a variety of good acts..food and drink in the club are good and a reasonable price. The club could do with some decorations on the walls as it looks very bland...and please guys..get rid of those awful table and chairs(so uncomfortable)
Shops ok.
pools fine.
games room is very dated and sparse.
Nestled at Talland Bay between looe and Polperro the site isn't too big to get lost in the crowd.
My gripe with the caravan...number 144.
Its against the fence line on the new field, slightly restricted "sea view" but looks over all the fields.
Couldn't use the decking area because of the flies from the fence line.
Bed was soft and uncomfortable.
Seating area in the living room was uncomfortable,feels like your sloping forward all the time, and if you sit under the air vent you get a blast of cold air now and then.
There was mold on the net curtain in the bedroom.
There was dead flies on the ceiling in the bathroom.
Dust on top of cupboards/wardrobes etc.
In summing up its a good site in general to stay but the cleaning regime needs to be updated because its the one big thing that lets the site down.
We have stayed there before but with regret, next year we will give it a miss and try elsewhere.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank vi11age-idiot

Thank you for writing your review. We appreciate your kind comments about the staff and the facilities but were sorry to read that you were disappointed with your new Coronation caravan. You have been the only person to complain about them so far and they are rapidly booking up for next year.
With regards to the flies, this I am afraid, is a hazard of being in the countryside when the weather has been as good as it was this summer. I don't think the location of your caravan had anything to do with the problem. There were generally just a lot of flies and wasps around this year.
We are sorry you don't like the décor and furniture in the bar - most guests comment favourably on the fresh modern look.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

Have visited this site some 5 or 6 times over the years. Stayed for a 4 night short break last week - our first return visit to Cornwall and this site since 2006. This stay was better than any previous visit. Previously we have stayed in Royale bungalows or the mid-range caravans (travelling with a dog, this was the best accommodation available to us). No complaints about any accommodation we have stayed in although would agree with previous comments that the bungalows do suffer from damp and condensation. This year, no dog, so we chose one of the top range caravans. We had a Coronation 2 caravan. Brand new this year and OMG, it was fantastic. Positioned in a new area of the park, Very quiet and peaceful. It was modern, spacious (huge master bedroom with en-suite and large lounge/dining area), very clean, comfortable and well equipped but the icing on the cake was the views. Patio doors opened from the lounge onto decking with views over rolling fields to the sea at Talland - stunning. Very quiet and relaxing - perfect.
The site is well located for exploring Cornwall - Looe, Polperro, Fowey, Mevagissey and even Plymouth within easy reach. There is plenty of good walking from the site along the South West Coastal Path. Polperro and Talland Bay can easily be reached on foot (note: the walk back from Talland is quite steep/strenuous but well worth it) - ask in reception for a map . The onsite shop is well stocked and no complaints about the indoor pool. Didn't use the bar or restaurant but it looked pleasant with an extensive menu and the meals I saw other people being served looked very nice. The staff in all areas are knowledgeable, helpful and friendly and the one maintenance issue we had was attended to immediately.
No complaints at all, apart from having to come home !! A fantastic holiday - just what we needed. We will be back very soon..

Room Tip: Caravans are a far better option than the bungalows/chalets . However, whatever accommodation you ch...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Many thanks for taking the time to write your review. You, like many others, keep coming back so we must be doing something right and it is nice for our staff to be told this. Hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 22 September 2013

in august we went on holiday with my family arrived at seaview holiday village, booked in caravan unpacked and it wasnt the one that we booked it was the wrong one it was missing air conditioning which we paid for as it was sopossed to be a regent caravan, then went to morrisons to get shopping whilst in there i received a phone call from my niece to say we had been chucked out,because the group was so discusted by the state of the propertys they complained but they said my auntie is quite happy with her one and shes gone shopping the manager said no we r not having all this if u lot go shes going aswel , so we hurried bk to site got into the caravan and had to pack all our stuff bk up and went to the office, but i would have to say on behalf of my family there accommadation was appalling and my husband and me would never of stayed there if we had theres, we have lots of bad photographs of the mould in bungerlows ect,
thanks to the other camp down the road we had a fab holiday in the end

6  Thank mo and jo b

We are not quite sure where these guests got the idea from that their Regent caravan would have air-conditioning as we do not offer, or advertise, this in any of our accommodation. They were given the correct caravan and we did not throw them off the park. They were with a group, who have already written other reviews on this site and who were totally unreasonable and wanted to leave. We were quite relieved to see them all go. The caravan was re-let to someone else who was more than happy to stay in it.

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were worried about going to this park after reading some bad reviews, we stayed in regent caravan no 19 week starting 31st aug fantastic views to the sea, caravan was lovely it was clean,if I went to reception for anything they were very helpful, we had a lovely week as regards to the weather, we would go back, had a great peaceful holiday loved it thank you sea view,,

Room Tip: Go for the caravans,,
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sallen1959

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We were glad you enjoyed your holiday and hope you will come back again.

Reviewed 20 September 2013

After this Holiday park being advertised on Hoseasons as family fun, I happily booked this as our base in Cornwall.

We arrived early, and were able to check in immediately, once the receptionist had finished gossiping with the lady who manages the shop. We got to our chalet, and we weren't impressed. The first thing was the noticeable stench of damp, when we opened the door. We had a bit more of a look round, the place wasn't exactly clean, and there was a leak in the bathroom. We told them about the leak, and a young lad came an tightened up a washer or something and said it couldn't be fixed until Monday, as they didn't have any washers in stock.
I went to bed early as I was tired from travelling, and ended up shivering in bed as the room was so cold. We put the heaters on, and it warmed up a little, we have a 9 month old daughter and had to keep the heater on in her room all night, every night!!

The next day we thought we'd go to the pool, no-one else was in there, and we soon discovered why, the pool was freezing, we had to get out after 5 mins, and our little one had gone purple with the cold. Also the facilities in the pool leave a lot to be desired, there were no showers, no lockers,and no family changing areas, and you can appreciate it's a bit difficult getting yourself ready, when you little one can't sit up on her own to well, and there wasn't any baby changing facilities to use to make this easier.

As for the family fun, there wasn't anything for our little one to play in, eg a ball pool or something, there was absolutely nothing for a child of her age to do, she can't exactly play table tennis or use the games room.

The other thing was we added almost £30 to our holiday because we had to keep topping up the electric meter so we could keep our little girl warm at night.

I do not consider this to be a family par, more of an OAP's park, with tired and dated accommodation. Reminded me of a Carry on film. We will definitely not be recommending this place to anyone.

The only plus was the food was quite nice and not expensive!!

Room Tip: If you really want to stay here, choose a caravan. You don't have to pay extra for gas or electr...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank kitkat2107
SeaviewPolperro, Owner at Seaview Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

We are sorry that these guests did not enjoy their stay at Seaview. We can only apologise for the leak - unfortunately these things happen.
The weather did turn cold during their stay but that is to be expected at this time of the year and therefore heating will be needed. It clearly states on our website that electricity is an extra in the chalets and bungalows and therefore should not have come as a surprise to the guests. I would be surprised if they actually put £30 into the meter in one week - unfortunately we can't check our meter recordings as we can't identify their chalet from the review.
With regards to the pool, there was one morning when we had a problem with the gas supply to the water heater and the temperature did temporarily drop, but it was soon sorted out. There are showers at the pool side for guests to rinse off in. We don't have lockers - we now operate a 'box' system. Swimmers can put their belongings in a large plastic box with a lid, which is then put on a shelving unit by the lifeguard for security.
We do not have a ball pool - if this was important then perhaps these guests should have checked before booking. We do however have 2 children's play areas.
The vast majority of our guests are families and they enjoy their holidays here

Reviewed 20 September 2013

Me and my family were booked in at seaview Hoilday village and after travelling 7 hours to get there,we got told that are bungalows were ready so they gave us our keys went we went in we had the shock of our lives! It smelled really bad of smoke in there,but kids just ran into the bunk bedded room as they were so excited.To find- cigarette butts and ash all over the beds and damp all over there covers,sweets and sweet wrappers under the bed with mould so I quickly got the kids out of that room and checked out the double room,To find- blood on the bed sheets under the pillow was a dead bug,and mould all over the covers the bathroom had pink stains all over toilet system and shower,hairs were in the shower plug hole. Then I went to see the manager, he said well I'm I'm afraid to say but your allowed to smoke in the whole place included the bedrooms,and I smoke myself!!!! I said you can't be serious,how can u let people smoke in a kids room! He said ,how was I supposed to no your kids were going in there! I said its a kids bunk bedded room,and it said on the agreement that I had 4 children one baby and 3 under the age of 10 ! I don't no how they could have said that the rooms had been cleaned and checked why was is like that then? Then he said to me why don't you go and sit at the bar! I said " no,my children are really tired and needed to sleep ,have you got anywhere else we can stay he said " No" we are all full up there isn't anywhere else,so I said can you find us another Hoilday place for us because it was too dangerous to stay in that one,but he said I'm afraid not there isn't anywhere else! I said I wanted my money back and he said no I can't do that I'm afraid ! I was in shock I didn't no what to do.he just said I will get some one to clean it again ,I went out into reception and some more of my family were in there so when they got there key they went and had a look at there's it was really bad as well. We all insisted our money back ,so he gave it us.we all found a brilliant place just up the road that amazing it was all really clean!

3  Thank Joanne A
SeaviewPolperro, Owners' Assistant at Seaview Holiday Village, responded to this reviewResponded 25 September 2013

We have already responded to other guests who were with this party. Whilst we admit that the accommodation was not as clean as it should have been, and we apologise for that, it was nowhere near as bad as this guest is making out. In the end we were relieved to refund their money and see them leave. The accommodation was re-cleaned and let out to other guests who were happy to stay for the week.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Polperro
Talland Bay Hotel
Hengar Manor Country Park
Trenderway Farm
Trenderway Farm
#7 of 12 in Polperro

Been to Seaview Holiday Village? Share your experiences!