“sticking up for the holiday site”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Polperro
Seaview Holiday Village
sheffield
“sticking up for the holiday site”
Reviewed 21 September 2009

when i was told that there was a place to coment on your holiday experiance (HERE),i thought that most if not all coments were going to be good.
i was suprised to read alot of bad press about the site and decided that i was going to leave my coments which are to follow.
firstly me and family stayed in 2 caravans and not the bungalows/shalleys,and thought they were real good value for money.....yes maybe there was the odd light builb not working and the odd 1 or 2 door handles broken but that is not something that i would let spoil my holiday.
the caravans were modern with all the amenities you needed like t.v kettles toasters oven microwaves ect ect which were all in good working order,the furnishings were clean and the rooms smelt fresh and clean.
the staff at seaview always went out of there way to help you and we always recieved good service promptly.
the site is slightly out of the way,about 5-10 mins from the town centre (highstreet stores ect ) but the on site shop has all the goods you are wanting to buy ready available.
the site has good views of the sea and also the site is clean,no litter on the floors and grassed areas kept prim and proper.
the entertainmant in the onsite clubhouse were good and the entertainment for the little ones is real good too.
i didnt use the swimming pool so cant coment on my personal experiance but my wife said it was clean and safe and was attended by a lifeguard at all times so was safe and fun to use.
the snack bar which provides in house eating and also take aways is excellant value for money and is always upto high standards.
the games room was good and the prices also,the outdoor mini golf could do with bringing upto to date and being a little bigger but all in all i found the site real good value for money and will be staying on the site again in the future.
i would further say that the signing for the site ,particularly the entrance signes could do with being more visable when you are aproaching the site as this cought me out several times whilst i was staying there and drove past the site 2 or 3 times.
all in all taking everything into account i would rate this site 4 out of 5.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank dunkSheffield

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
MANCHESTER
Reviewed 20 September 2009

Having stayed at Seaview once and sometimes twice a year between 1989 and 2004 we were apprehensive about returning after a 5 year gap due to some of the negative reviews. However, we were not disappointed. Seaview is as good maybe even better than before. Our accomodation was clean, dry, well equpped and reasonably priced. All the staff we came into contact with were friendly and helpful. Seaview is not for people who want an action packed hectic holiday but ideal for those whose appreciate peace, quite and beautiful views. We will definitely be returning next year and would have no hesitation in recommending it to our friends. Keep up the good work.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank manchesterwiz
Bath
Reviewed 19 September 2009

Please do not take any notice of the moaners. This our third trip here and we have booked again for next year. We booked a Sovereign Chalet it was roomy & clean not as stated by moaners ok there were a few cob webs but so what we paid £180 for four adults for seven nights. We had a large digital Tv in the lounge, 2 x leather sofas. The bed lined was spotless so were the mattresses, the carpet looked like it had seen a busy season a number of stains but it was clean. Even the bedroom had a flat screen tv on the wall & it came with a Sea View, Yes there is a coin meter in the chalets we put in £10 during the week we were there this allowed 4 of us hot water for baths at least once a day each it covered the convector heaters x 3 each evening and we left the water heater on 247 not to mention using the spotless cooker, fridge, microwave, kettle etc.
Do not be put off by the bad reports this site gets better each year.
If you book the cheapest caravan or chalet then you obviously get less for your money so dont moan about it afterwards our holiday works out a £6.45 per person per night so realy do you think your going to get luxury. We were more than happy and are looking forward to returning next year.
As to the people that moaned about the food it was typical pub grub at very reasonable prices about £5.95 for Lasagne, Curry etc or £6.95 for rump steak, gammon etc the portions were huge the staff were all helpful & friendly. The bar prices are very good not as stated in some reviews £9 for a 4 pint Jug of Stella or Bitter, Soft drinks £1, Jugs of Sangria white or red £10, We had a fantastic time and our party ranged from age 32 - 60. There was entertainment if thats what your looking for it was not bad remember this is included in your £6.45 that you have paid for your accommodation they even have a BBQ 2 nights a week.
One last comment to the moaners why moan after your Holiday if you had a problem why not speak to someone on site straight away as they staff will do anything for you.
We travel on a regular basis abroad and in the uk and for the money you will not find better in Cornwall or any where else for that matter. Hope this report helps you remember we booked a Sovereign Chalet they had some very modern Caravans onsite with sea views and decking. We looked at these for next year but prefered the Chalet.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Snowshoekittens
london
Reviewed 5 September 2009

I will begin by emphasising that I paid over 700 pounds for this holiday which I booked with Hoeseasons through Thomas Cook. Me, my husband and our 3 kids have enjoyed several lovely holidays on camp sites in both bungalows and caravans so we were well prepared for the usual British summer holiday.

We were very wrong. This so-called holiday was a disaster from start to finish. When we arrived the first impressions were good. Got checked in quickly and the reception looked new and tidy. Then we got to our bungalow or should I say shack. All I can say is damp, dirty, dim and cold with furniture that looked like it came from a skip.

We than tried to make a much needed cup of tea only to discover we had to load the electricity meter with pound coins (which ran out very quickly). Only heating available was a small electric heater (more pound coins). The bungalow was so damp day and night that we had to tumble dry the bedding each day.

The outside area was actually dangerous. Pool left uncovered and unmanned, steep steps and no lighting. Indoor pool was less like tropical and more like just above freezing. No proper lifeguard and where was the spa?

Overall the staff were very helpful, apart from receptionist. Evening entertainment was tolerable. However the drinks were London prices and food was not fab.

All in all - don’t do it. Have camped in a tent in Rye and had a better time. In my opinion Seaview is unhealthy, unsanitary and unacceptable. Trying for a refund as we speak.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
cambridge
Reviewed 4 September 2009

We visited Seaview via the Hoseasons site for a week at the end of August. We travelled with 2 children both under 10, a stroppy teen and an OAP. When we arrived the carvan felt "damp", it was raining outside and the duvets, which had clearly just been washed were wet through. We left the gas fire on and went exploring. Back at 10 that evening and the caravan still felt damp and cold. The duvets were still wet, yet the staff were very impressive and apologised and changed them immediately.

The entertainment all week for both children and adults was superb and couldn't have askedf or better. The only downside of the site was the arcades which are very outdated and didn't really work properly leaving children putting in money for little or not return (or games!). The laundrette could do with more machines, both washing and drying but other than that no complaints. Bar area is clean and tidy, food is standard but hot and cooked to order.

Pool was great, open all day. The only real compaint i have is the caravan being damp when it was cold or wet outside, the pillows and sheets felt "wet" at night. On the dry days tho the caravan was perfect.

I would def recommend a visit.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank cheekyherb
West Midlands
Reviewed 2 September 2009

I have stayed at lots of sites over the years with my family. This trip was just me and my husband, but I thought if we stay on a site we are gauranteed plenty to do. Not on this site. It is a VERY small site. There was some where to eat. only one place, and it only opened at certain times, as did the bar. There was an amusement room (tiny), there was entertainment of an evening(terrible). If you want a busy site with plenty to do, dont go to this site.

• Stayed August 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MandiCarroll
Rochester
Reviewed 15 August 2009

I am in the habit of reading reviews where I stay, home and abroad - and without fail I have read negative reviews wherever I have stayed. It used to bother me, but now I take no notice - so long as there at least as many positive reviews I will give the place a go.

And so it was with Seaview Holiday Village. I read many disparaging comments, yet I found Seaview to be at least the equal of any caravan type site I have visited. The grounds were well kept, the facilities had obviously been updated in recent years, and the staff we came into contact with were friendly, helpful and approachable.

But the biggest plus point for Seaview is its location - a couple of miles outside the lovely Polperro village, and a short jaunt into Looe. You will be within walking distance of the pleasant beach at Talland Bay, and within a few minutes of the beaches at Looe Bay and Seaton.

So don't let the naysayers put you off - Seaview is a great location for a holiday in Cornwall - I would be nice if we had better weather next time though!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank twistedpretender
Also consider these accommodations in or near Polperro
The Claremont Hotel
#3 of 7 in Looe
Killigarth Manor Holiday Park
Tencreek Holiday Park
Trelawne Manor Holiday Park

Been to Seaview Holiday Village? Share your experiences!