“Excellent Food”

Ranked #3 of 27 Restaurants in Polperro
Price range: US$16 - US$47
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Beautiful building small and intimate interior suitable for couples and mainly adults wishing to enjoy freshly prepared food with friendly service
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Visited on Wednesday with my wife's parents and food including the Rose veal, Fillet Steak, John Dory and Scallops were very well cooked.The service was excellent, desserts were beautiful. Will definitely visit again when staying in Polperro.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

We have eaten in a couple of Michelin starred restaurants and I must admit I found the food to be significantly high quality in this quaint little Cafe style restaurant in Polperro. We were the first to arrive and welcomed warmly. I really like the concept of locally sourced food and we were not disappointed by our starters, crab gratin and scallops, delicious and cooked to perfection. We both had fish for mains again cooked perfectly. My partner had the cheese board and there was enough for two people. I had the clotted cream cheesecake which was delightful and we went back to our cottage very full and happy after an excellent meal. Don't miss a trip to the Kitchen if you are staying in Polperro, wonderful as a special treat.

1  Thank SheffieldKat
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Recently dined at the restaurant with my husband. Absolutely fabulous meal.....the lamb was the best I've ever had, the chocolate cake is exceptional, as is the meringue with rosé cream. Everything we ordered, including the wine was 10/10. The staff were welcoming and pleasant. I can't recommend this restaurant enough, we had an absolutely fabulous meal.....we would have gone again during our stay in Polperro, but it was booked up every night.... enough said. Make sure you book in advance so you won't be disappointed. I wish there was a 'the kitchen' where we live!!

1  Thank K8YB
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Staying in Polperro for a week close to The Kitchen we noticed they had a table cancellation for Saturday night which we snapped up quickly. The locally sourced food was of a very high standard, the atmosphere was relaxed, friendly and homely and the clotted cream cheesecake has to be one of the best desserts I have tasted in many years of eating out. We were so impressed we booked to go back on our last night. Seems to be very popular so booking is essential I think but if you are eating in Polperro this place is not to be missed.

1  Thank Steve_And_Alison34
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

I can't praise this enough. Top class food, brilliant staff and marvelous setting. As good as I have ever been to