Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
sharon l

2 night stay

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 2 Jun 2024
Recently stayed in the biology room which is large and bright with some lovely views, I found the bed to be too hard but that's personal taste, all staff were helpful and polite, ate breakfast and one evening meal here and both were very nice, very close to the little harbour and some nice walks.
It's a little pricey but I suppose everything is now !!!!
4.0 of 5 bubblesValue
    £239
    £263
0.1 miles from Old School Hotel
Beachfront
the TV home of "Doc. Martin"
  • eDreams
    Restaurant
    £90
    5.1 miles from Old School Hotel
    View more hotels in Port Isaac
    All reviews art room doc martin music room car park large room amazing views tv show fishing village fantastic location overlooking the harbour the cliff cream tea fish and chips parking space latin house chemistry
    Selected filters
    Reviewed 2 June 2024

Do not order Camel Valley sparkling wine at hoel.
    Retail's for £32.95 hotel price £60.00.
    When asked how they could justify the margin increase the staff were extreamly unhelpfull. I was also asked to call back twice as not enough staff on to run dinner service and could spare time to deal with my enquiry.

Reviewed 30 May 2024

Staff were great and the room was comfy. However we were in the Art room and wanted to have the windows open and night.

There are two large Velux windows that were covered in seagull poo on the outside.. not really good enough…and once open let a lot of air in.

The only issue is that the blinds are attached to the windows so that if it’s windy they rattle all night long. Kept my awake.

The food was excellent as was the beer.

But my big grip is that while this place is very nice and comfy it’s not worth £288 a night. It’s not luxury and £150 a night is about what it’s worth.

Reviewed 13 May 2024

Stunning location with a 3 minute walk down to the harbour. I liked the free parking, Very comfy bed with great tea/coffee making set in a spotlessly clean room with a fab walk-in shower. Full breakfast was awesome. I would highly recommend it.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 9 May 2024

I have a VERY MIXED review about my three (3) nights stay in the MUSIC ROOM that included breakfast. I found the tangible atmosphere to be delightful. However, I did find most employees were not welcoming or helpful. While saying this, I had a wonderful encounter with Elizabeth. She made sure I had a yummy take-away breakfast sandwich for my very early morning departure. And the lady in the kitchen who provided this was also very nice! Most of my "CONS" had to do with the restaurant however. If you stay, be sure to pick the EARLIEST TIME SLOT of 0830 for breakfast. My 1st morning breakfast (0900 time slot) took 2 hours to order, receive and eat my breakfast! I changed my time slot after that first morning. The breakfasts were yummy EXCEPT for the amount of coffee provided which was only about 12 oz in all. I ate two (2) dinners in the restaurant which were mediocre, at best. Although very nicely presented, the fish of the 'fish and chips' was horrible and tasted like nothing. The burger bun was too big for the amount of actual burger meat in it. The desserts were absolutely DELICIOUS though!

Pros:
    * Room was nicely appointed.
    * Fantastic bathroom with powerful water pressure.
    * Bed, pillows, linen, towels were comfortable.
    * Toiletries provided.
    * Small closet with a few hangers.
    * When in Season, there is a porch right outside the Music room. However, it was NOT set-up yet due to when I stayed. I imagine it would be wonderful when 'in season'.

Cons:
    *The Restaurant DOES add a 10% tip to bill which is labelled "Discretionary" on the bill, NOT labelled 'Optional' as they insist. NOTE: I had NO problem with this though!
    *Small room with an extremely SMALL area to make coffee/tea.
    *If living out of luggage, there is absolutely NO place for it except on floor or bed.
    *Carpet was a bit tattered
    *The outside view was obstructed.
    *A lot stairs to get to room.
    *The restaurant is very particular about Reserving a table for all meals. They serve "first in, first served". If there's only one server, it's quite a long wait if you go in late.

Date of stay: April 2024
    • Trip type: Travelled solo
    Reviewed 28 March 2024 via mobile

Lovely hotel particularly the English room... incredible views. Delicious breakfast with good choices. We didn't eat dinner here as wanted to try some other venues. Great village to walk around we had a wonderful time here definitely returning

Date of stay: March 2024