“Quaint and Frienldy”
Review of Terrace Tea Rooms

Terrace Tea Rooms
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Kids, View
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Description: Located above the village of Port Isaac, North Cornwall, the Terrace Tea Rooms offers a traditional tea room downstairs with a lovely outdoor decked terrace that makes the most of any fine weather, and upstairs there are three en suite bed and breakfast rooms, two of which have wonderful sea views. Ideally placed to explore coasts, moors and sightseeing in Cornwall, we aim to offer a friendly and informal atmosphere where you are free to come and go as you please and enjoy the time that you spend in Port Isaac.
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Quaint and Frienldy”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Good food and very friendly staff. Maybe a little bit on the pricey side but otherwise worth a visit

Visited April 2014

Horsham
“Wonderful!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I think the negative reviewers must have been somewhere different! This was a wonderful place with beautiful crockery, cutlery, cake stands all laid out on the tables. We chose coffee which was served in equally pretty mugs. We just had tea cakes and crumpets to eat, but they were gorgeous. My 7 year old wanted ice cream so the owner's 11-year old daughter (who was helping out as it was the holidays) very expertly talked him through every flavour before he plumped on chocolate. When using the facilities inside we saw all the home baked scones, buns etc coming out of the oven. They are truly home baked and to see them all laid out on a country table was heart warming. I overheard a group of 4 ladies being served by the owner on another table and they told her that they didn't want much in the way of quantity but wanted to try a few bits. After discussion they agreed on a bespoke high tea - a refreshing change from 'if it's not on the menu we can't do it' which you can find in some tourist areas. The owners' daughter was a true delight - very confident but not annoying. This is a gem - not out to get the tourist pound for as little as possible. Well worth a visit.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Sam555_11
Keynsham, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Your Mother's Day Vanilla Sponge Cake was lush”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

My wife and I enjoyed a delicious afternoon cake and tea at Angelique's Tea Room Restaurant. Choosing the Mother's Day vanilla sponge cake with pink butter was literally the icing on the cake after a walk around the historic Cornish village of Port Isaac.

Visited March 2014
London
“Quintessential English tea room”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

Visited the tea room on 10th Jan. It was one of only 2 open in Port Isaac. The owner was very friendly and was so helpful in accommodating our party of 5 adults, a 2 year old, and a 4 month old in a buggy. We had tea and scones for 4 and a hot chocolate. The 2 pots of tea we had (made with leaves and not in a bag) was more than enough for 4 of us. The hot chocolate was almost a meal in itself. Cream, marshmallows and a flake on tops. Very lovely atmosphere and traditional decor.

Visited January 2014
Estero, Florida
“Charming!”
Reviewed 17 September 2013 via mobile

I visited Angelique's Tea Room shortly after it opened. I had such an enjoyable afternoon. I ordered the full tea and wow! Sandwiches, fresh baked cakes, scones with cream. It was more than I could eat, so Angela boxed it up for me! Later, I realized I had left some important papers behind. When I went back, I learned that Angela had gone searching for me to get them back! I was so grateful! This is a perfect spot to sit and enjoy after hiking around the village or coastal path. Don't miss it if you are in Port Isaac. I hope to go back!!!

Visited October 2012