“First rate hospitality”

Ranked #4 of 12 Port Isaac B&B and Inns
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“First rate hospitality”
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Paul and Rebecca are such excellent hosts. I felt like I was totally catered to. Paul and the staff really helped me out parking the car because driving, and especially parking, anywhere in Port Issac is a challenge. I was happy to leave the key with them and let them take care of it lest I damage someone else's vehicle or my own.

Room Tip: If you are more than one person, you WILL need a larger room. Our first night, we had to stay in on...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank oracle306

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We were so thrilled to find a room to rest up for a couple of days in this delightful hotel sitting high up on the cliff overlooking the sea and part of the village of Port Isaac. What a gem in the crown of Port Isaac. The host welcomed us and although we couldn't get the same room for a couple of nights, he and his staff were very helpful in assisting us with the move from one room to the other, the following morning. When we returned from our sight seeing in the afternoon, our luggage was kindly transported to our new room overlooking the sea. Breakfast was delightful and a lovely choice of food was on offer freshly made and seconds on offer if required. The rooms were clean and restful but the spring mattresses of both beds were what I would say "old" and definitely needed updating - otherwise, it was a delightful stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MelbourneErena
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

Me and my wife stayed for 3 nights in November. Having seen Doc Martin and loving Cornwall it seemed silly not to stay at Port Isaac. We choose The Bay Hotel and Paul the owner welcomed us the first night as we arrived very late and immediately made us feel very welcome. This was the case all through our stay and I can genuinely say that it was a pleasure to stay there, we will without fail book again. We left feeling sad that we could not have stayed longer!

• Stayed November 2013
BATH
Reviewed 6 November 2013

The Bay Hotel was our first stop and an ideal start for our a two week tour of Cornwall. The rooms were compact but clean, smart without pretension and the beds were a traveller's dream. Good views, quiet but very convenient location and enjoyable walk into town. Gino was sweet (and smell-free). Paul's quite the host. The parking lot was a bit of a challenge, but the good news is that the hotel has one since parking is at a premium in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank cinnebar
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

My husband booked a surprise trip for me in October 2013 as im a fan of Doc Martin. As we drove past the hotel my heart sank, it was shabby and looked unkempt. on entering the hotel we were met with the most overwhelming smell of DOG. (i love dogs).When shown up to the room (the best in the hotel my husband was told ROOM 11). On enetering it , we were met with an ice cold blast, the room was freezing. On looking closer we found that two of the walls were very wet from the ceiling to half way down. It was not fit to stay in.we were told they had , had a problem. We stated is was not fit for purpose and walked out. My husband had already paid £148 for the night. On a conversation that we had later we were offered a 50% refund wich my husband did take, but we should have insisted a full refund was the only option.
The proprieter states it was fit for purpose.
The place is very over priced and in my opinion is cashing in on Doc Martin .

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank JCC3658
paul w, Owner at The Bay Hotel, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Thank you for your review , yes we had a problem in that room a few days earlier a pipe in the wall had developed a small leak ,on the day you arrived this had been resolved and the walls were not wet and damp as you stated ,the paper had been replaced and painted the day before ,the comments about the hotel looking shabby outside and the smell of dog is your opinion and not that of the thousands of happy customers ,you forgot to mention the email sent demanding compensation or you would put on a nasty review ?
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My wife an I spent 2 wonderful evenings at the Hotel. We found Paul and Gino excellent hosts and the village was breathtaking. The room had ocean views, was very clean and brealfast was delightful. I cannot recommend it enough.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 October 2013

my wife and I stayed here for two nights and it was absolutely fabulous we had room 5 and the view was so beautiful the room was excellent the bed so comfy and the en suite perfect we will definitely return and wonder whether people who complained on here stayed at the same place as us thank you for a relaxing time

Room Tip: room 5 has an exquisite view
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
#1 of 4 in Port Isaac
St. Moritz Hotel
St. Moritz Hotel
#1 of 4 in Wadebridge

Been to The Bay Hotel? Share your experiences!