The hotel is in a stunning location, great for all of what North Cornwall has to offer.
The hotel is like a modernised old country house, all the delights of an older property with the modern touches you would expect, with each room with its own quirks.
Within the setting is a Victorian garden and our favourite room is actually within this garden, the "love shack" - its like staying in a country cottage, away from everything except the best breakfast is only a few yards away.
Each year for 8 years we have made the longcross our long weekend retreat and it has always been a fantastic cornwall time.
The staff are friendly and welcoming and there is the relaxed cornwall life for you to enjoy and wallow in.
We haven't unfortunately always been able to have our favourite room, but we have always been accommodated well as more latterly have our 2 dogs.
Don't have expectations - just enjoy the stay.........
The proof of the pudding is that each year we look around for another place to stay and always end up booking Longcross. This year we didn't bother looking elsewhere...........
The one downside - don't expect much phone signal !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful converted Victorian residence, now a stunning boutique hotel with 3 acres of gardens overlooking port Isaac Bay where Doc Martin is filmed starring martin Clunes in the fictional village of Portwenn. Overlooks some 30 miles of coastline ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Longcross Hotel & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Longcross Hotel And Gardens
- Hotel Long Cross
- The Longcross Hotel & Gardens Port Isaac, Cornwall