We stayed at The Longcross to attend a wedding. The views are beautiful and we could not fault that. Also a nice little play area for children to play in.
Unfortunately the same could not be said for the guest rooms. The rooms are a good size. We stayed in a family room as we have a young child and needed a pull out bed. The room rate was £150 per night and we had to pay an extra £30 per night for the foldaway bed which we thought was excessive as the room is already at an additional premium price because it is a larger room. For £180 per night, we expected 4* quality but the room was dusty, a mish mash of furniture /ornaments and wires and routers exposed and left lying on the floor - not ideal with small children.
We were even more disappointed with the bathroom which was small and very basic with dirty carpet and mildew around the old shower and bath. We felt for the price, the hotel should use better amenities in the bathroom instead of the very 'economy' ones you might find in a 2* star hotel.
Breakfast was very nice with a lovely helpful lady serving us. Breakfast timing a little rigid from 8.30 - 9.30am. The hotel manger was very pleasant at check in and at the bar. The housekeeping lady was also very polite and pleasant and did wait for us to get ready for the wedding before cleaning our room.
I'm sorry to have to give this hotel a poor review. We have stayed in many beautiful hotels around the world and feel this hotel could do with some TLC from the owners or the room rate should be reduced so future guests aren't disappointed with what they get. The view from our friends who also stayed at the hotel was mutual.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautiful converted Victorian residence, now a stunning boutique hotel with 3 acres of gardens overlooking port Isaac Bay where Doc Martin is filmed starring martin Clunes in the fictional village of Portwenn. Overlooks some 30 miles of coastline ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Longcross Hotel & Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Longcross Hotel And Gardens
- Hotel Long Cross
- The Longcross Hotel & Gardens Port Isaac, Cornwall