When we booked this B&B we could tell it was going to be good from all the great reviews on here, the price was really good value given that parking is included and it is really difficult to get a decent parking space in St Ives near to the town or your accommodation!
The entire stay started out by absolutely exceeding our expectations, Justin met us and greeted us at the door and immediately took our luggage for us, our room was even better than the pictures on the website and we had a sea view which was an added bonus to the stay. The room was also cleaned and tidied during the day which was something we hadn't expected but a great added touch.
The breakfast was gorgeous both mornings with plenty of choices and if you had a request for something different then It was never too much trouble.
The cherry on the top of the cake for us was how friendly, welcoming, and accommodating Justin and Julie were, we really felt like they were our friends by the end of the stay, they remembered all their guests names (and they had a full house) and really got to know each guest individually. They were finding out what things we liked to do and they were genuinely interested, it turned out that we actually had a lot in common and that we have travelled to a lot of similar places so we spent time sharing stories about different experiences we had during our travels.
It is really nice to see a well run B&B with well travelled and experienced owners that give so much effort to making this B&B amazing!
This review must be finished with a mention for George the dog, the most laid back and friendly dog we have ever met (he has definitely learnt from his owners) we would love to stay there again when we go back to St Ives.
Thanks Justin & Julie
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olive Branch is a superb holiday location in St Ives, Cornwall, just minutes from the harbour, town and 5 sandy beaches. Our Rooms We have five ensuite double rooms, four of which have sea views. Two of our double rooms can be converted to twin bedded rooms. There is also a single ensuite room. Breakfast We serve a traditional full English breakfast as well as vegetarian breakfasts and lighter options. St Ives St. Ives has a Mediterranean feel about it, with its maze of cobbled streets and alleyways, crescent shaped beaches with golden sands and turquoise sea - all set in the uniquely rugged granite landscape of West Cornwall. The holiday visitor in St Ives can find everything that they could wish for in a seaside resort. From the moment that you arrive in the town you will be stunned by the panoramic vistas that seem to greet you on every turn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Olive Branch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Olive Branch Hotel St Ives
- The Olive Branch St Ives, Cornwall