We decided the night before to make an unscheduled visit to St. Ives and quickly went on Tripadvisor to find some B&B's. The Olive Branch had excellent reviews so a quick email was sent and within the hour Justin, the owner had messaged me back to say they had room. I'm so glad they did!
Prior to arrival Justin had text me to inform me the room was ready which was a nice touch. Upon arrival, we were met by George and Justin who gave us a warm welcome and carried our bags up to our room and showed us around.
The room we had was room 2, which is on the top floor with sea views. The first thing that hits you when you enter the house is just how immaculate, welcoming, airy and calming it is. Our room was spacious, cool (thankfully given the weather), airy, spotlessly clean and had a decent size bathroom.
The bed was very comfortable, and the shower (with the wicked shower head!) was very powerful. The heated mirror in the bathroom was a great touch to prevent the shower steaming it up (must get one for the house).
Breakfast was excellent, and a great opportunity to talk to others who all echoed what has been said on here about how great a place it is to stay. The house has a very calming effect, partly due to George the dog who is one laid back cool pooch, and the owners who are a lovely couple and nothing whatsoever is too much trouble. Directions, suggestions on where to visit, anything for the room, no problem!! We bumped into Justin once or twice down in the town and he would always stop for a chat.
Water bottles were provided in the room and replenished each morning, ear plugs in the drawers (not for the B&B, but the seaguls can be noisy as in any seaside resort first thing in the morning), a bedside book in the drawer ("best book in the world") though I never got time to read it, hairdryer, toiletries, you couldn't really ask for anything more.
Position wise, its up a slight hill but nothing too drastic, about 5 minutes to the beach and 10 minutes tops down to the harbour. Parking is a doddle, right outside the house which is a bonus.
We had a great time here and in St Ives and were genuinely sad to leave. Justin, Julie and George all came out to wave us off and say goodbye as we left and it felt like leaving friends. We will definitely be back and have already recommended it to all our friends and family! Definitely a little gem in St. Ives. Thanks guys for a great 2 days!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Olive Branch is a superb holiday location in St Ives, Cornwall, just minutes from the harbour, town and 5 sandy beaches. Our Rooms We have five ensuite double rooms, four of which have sea views. Two of our double rooms can be converted to twin bedded rooms. There is also a single ensuite room. Breakfast We serve a traditional full English breakfast as well as vegetarian breakfasts and lighter options. St Ives St. Ives has a Mediterranean feel about it, with its maze of cobbled streets and alleyways, crescent shaped beaches with golden sands and turquoise sea - all set in the uniquely rugged granite landscape of West Cornwall. The holiday visitor in St Ives can find everything that they could wish for in a seaside resort. From the moment that you arrive in the town you will be stunned by the panoramic vistas that seem to greet you on every turn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Olive Branch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Olive Branch Hotel St Ives
- The Olive Branch St Ives, Cornwall