“Not more than one night! Dog barking, drilling and no bathroom facility for over 24 hours!”

Golden Hind Guest House
Ranked #54 of 102 St Ives B&B and Inns
Australia
Reviewed 5 April 2009

when I walked in the room I wanted to ask for a vaccum cleaner so i could clean. I was not happy with the cleanliness of the room. Also the customer service was not what I would call making the guest welcome and adding to the enjoyment of the trip. I think one night would have been fine but not anymore. Was disappointed that whilst I was there I was unable to use the shower or toilet facilities for 24hours. First night dog was barking third night drilling - did they care that I was trying to get some sleep???Would not recommend to my friends!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank AussieCareBear
goldenhindguesthouse, Owner at Golden Hind Guest House, responded to this review, 3 August 2009
I was very dissapointed,to read the negative report, we are here, to help make visitors stay as pleaseant and as comfortable as possible,' Rooms are cleaned and serviced every day any problems should have been brought to my attention first second or even the third night of her visit, to late to make amends after departure. Bathrooms facilites and drilling, beyond my control, the whole area was without water due to water board maintance on water mains, visitors would have been made aware of the disruption of water supply and the times each day,.... it was not for 24 consecutive hour's.... We can't please all of the people all of the time,....but we try very hard to achieve this goal .

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)