“The sandwiches are massive”
Review of The Beachcomber

The Beachcomber
Ranked #49 of 152 Restaurants in St Ives
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2013

we decided to stop for a coffee and a sandwich. The sandwich was so big I struggles, but managed it in the end. What a place. The café was clean, surroundings and staff pleasant and food brilliant.

1  Thank staffysapper

Reviewed 21 September 2013

We have been visiting St Ives for many years (since 1974) and the Beachcomber Café has always been a favourite place to have lunch. The service is second to none and the quality of the food is excellent. I would strongly recommend a visit.

3  Thank kenBurnl
Reviewed 15 September 2013

Situated on the seafront with beautiful views over the Harbour and shoreline ,the Beachcomber Restuarant is perfect to sit and relax while siteseeing and people watching.The food is first rate,matched only by David and his staff who are eager to please and make your stay memourable ,as ours was,thankyou David.

2  Thank Brian C
Reviewed 15 September 2013

We popped into this small cafe out of the rain and were shown to the only remaining table as it's very popular. The people were polite and friendly. The waiter accommodated our wish to share a cream tea (one scone each and a pot of tea!) and we had a choice of plain or fruit scones with cream and jam. Both were delicious.
I was impressed with how the staff dealt with a screaming toddler at another table. Rather than disapproving, they engaged the young mother in conversation and provided an interesting toy to hold the baby's attention.
We felt we could stay as long as we liked, and were not rushed to vacate the table. The cafe overlooks the beach and St Ives Harbour and lighthouse, so the view was very pleasant. The mirrored wall at the rear of the cafe makes it appear much larger.
The toilet was excellent - clean, well decorated, and with poems to read on the back of the door. I would definitely go to the Beachcomber again.

2  Thank TravellingThrough100
Reviewed 13 September 2013 via mobile

Visited today, Friday 13th September.
We ordered a salmon baguette and a cream tea. The cream tea was nice, nothing spectacular but nice none the less.
The baguette however was slightly confusing! It was supposed to be a salmon, cornish brie and mayonnaise on a baguette served with a side salad.
Firstly, the cream tea was brought out approx 5 minutes before the baguette meaning the scones had gone cold by the time the baguette arrived.
Secondly, the baguette wasn't made up. The baguette was on the plate with the salmon and cheese on top. It wasn't a sandwich as we understand it, it had to be put together. The quality of the ingredients was good but then you can't really go wrong when you just throw them on a plate!
I would say the cream tea was good value, £5.50 for 2 smallish scones and tea. The baguette however was £7.45 if I remember rightly which I would say was overpriced.
Would I go again? Possibly but I wouldn't rush back!

1  Thank Mipmop1984